• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DNS - Day, Night and Seasons

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
This may be an old post, but I still use the tool. When inserting seasons, advance map will say "Cannot read bytes at the end of rom!".Can you fix this? Or did you abandon this project or is the project finished?
I have figured out the problem. You go to tools, season header editor, type a offset with 4 bytes of space (I look for 64 incase...) and press create. Then use the same offset for the season headeroffset

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
I tried installing DNS on my Rom, but it said I already had a previous version installed on my system. I tried removing it with the DNS, but instead I just got an error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Love this tool but I found one issue you can't do link battle on vba using this can u plz fix this if possible that will be great

Tobiasu

Desu intensifies
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
When I open the .exe file,only a small dialog box,with a red circle and a white "X",appears.I tried to run it as an Administrator,I tried to run it in compatibility mode(Windows XP,Vista,7,8,) and nothing works.Here's what I mean:

Attachments

• Snip1.PNG
    Snip1.PNG
    146.2 KB · Views: 25
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Does this create a time engine like what they have in GEN II or what they have in the DS/3DS Generations (based on real-world)?

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Does this create a time engine like what they have in GEN II or what they have in the DS/3DS Generations (based on real-world)?

Its based on real world. Just have to enable RTC on the VBA. It takes the time from your computer.

Years
I had created another day and night-system now with seasons. It's based on interdpth's RTC and supports R/S/FR/LG/Em in all languages. Unfortunately you must install interdpth's RTC in R/S/Em too to use this DNS-System. But this tool can install it, so you need only a few bytes of free space in your ROM.

Additionally...

• ... Offsets in 32MB ROMs are supportet and you can decide if you want to write the Offset with the 8, 9 or nothing, 1.
  • ... the DNS supports battles.
  • ... I had to split the 5th time period in the script at midnight so I had decided to make 6 time periods.
  • ... you can decide to install all, the RTC and DAN, the RTC and seasons or only the RTC.
  • ... finally both systems (DAN and Seasons) writes an statusbyte in the RAM which represents the current time period and Season.
Screen:

Unfortunately i'm not allowed to post any links or pictures from the DAN, because i have less then 15 posts. So i must post censored links...

DNS.png

Download:

http://www.memoryresources.de/DNS/DNS.zip

got a quick fast question, how does the season and day, night system work?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 13, 2019
Thanks buddy!!!

Cheers for forth development...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Hi guys, I know it's an old thread and probably nobody will answer my question, but I'll ask anyway:

Is there a way to edit the gradient?

I know the tool doesn't allow you to, but is it possible to do it throw hex editing? Has anybody did it before?
Thanks

BluRose

blu rass
Years
So RTC and DNS are both installed and RTC is enabled in my emu, yet the palette won't change for me. Any idea why?
refresh the map and/or change the time and/or idek really
did you make sure to save the rom? go to B00000 and see if there's any data

Years
Okay, so for some god forsaken unknown reason this isn't mentioned here, but I figured out what the issue was. The time is based on your PC's clock NOT the in game clock. There ya go.

Back