• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do exp. share and lucky egg effects stack?

Years
  • I'm trying to level up an entire party really quickly.

if the pokemon holding the lucky egg is the one battling, does the rest of the party get half of the total exp. or half of the original.

also if i give the lucky egg to a pokemon who isnt battling, would that be better?

basically im asking how these two items work together.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I'm trying to level up an entire party really quickly.

if the pokemon holding the lucky egg is the one battling, does the rest of the party get half of the total exp. or half of the original.

also if i give the lucky egg to a pokemon who isnt battling, would that be better?

basically im asking how these two items work together.

Great question, I've been wondering this myself. Somehow I still don't have a Lucky Egg. To occupied Wonder Trading really.

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The Lucky Egg only takes into effect for the Pokemon that battled while holding it I'm afraid, it won't give extra experience to the rest of the party through Exp Share and they will gain experience as if your lead holding the Lucky Egg got normal experience. And unfortunately the Lucky Egg only takes effect for Pokemon that have been in battle, so it won't work if you're trying to let a Pokemon hold it and then obtain extra experience through the Exp Share, they have to have been out in the battle at some point.

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • where does one get lucky egg?

In the Courmarine City hotel there will be a woman that gives you the Lucky Egg on the first floor sitting next to a Marill. You need to show her a particularly happy Pokemon first though, which shouldn't be a problem.

Back