• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Have Many Personalities?

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
  • Thiz may zcare you but I'm juzt az inzane off line az I am online XP I don't type with "Z" inztead of "A" of courze...well except for once when I waz typing a report right after I got of PC and...nevermind*_*;;
    Juzt like online, irl I talk to much and tend to rant about my belifez. I act like an idiot but try to be really zupportive if my friendz are haveing troublez...don't know if it workz but I try *u*;;

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    It?s easier to talk online I guess since that?s all it is?no tone of voice, no appearance, just the thoughts. Nice but it has its challenges such as conveying emotion?still, it?s a great gift! I think kids these days get both good and bad influences from the internet that, on the positive side might help them flush out thoughts they normally would have never communicated.

Indeed, I find that a lot of nice people can be found on the internet, and it has helped me become a bit more social in school. Anyways...

In the real world, I am not those kind of people who can carry a conversation with a person for a long period of time, I am more of a "small talk" person, as I like to keep conversations nice and short (unless I am in a heated debate with someone, which I only ever do if someone says something that I feel I must reply to). Although, I am only like that when I am in school, when I am at my house I am actually even crazier then when I am on PC! Oo' I would rather not explain, as some of the things I do are quite odd, but let's just say that my mother is comtemplating if I am sane or not (even though I got my crazy side from her). XD

On PC, I find that I am quite good at talking, I seem to be able to talk to any one who mentions something that I am interested in, without being afraid to speak up. I have also made a lot of friends on PC, so there is more evidence that I am a lot more social on the net. =P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I am the same person online and offline. I just don't talk about pok?mon half as much offline than I do online (of course). I think I have PC to credit for helping me equilize between my offline self and my online self. I used to be really shy offline due to my substantially less than perfect physical appearance, and my wierd speech impedimented voice. Inversely, my online self was my ideal self. If any of you were around when I first joined PC in Dec. of 2002, you may note that I often cussed in my posts and said quite a few other ban-worthy things (mainly about sexuality). Thanks to the non-judgemental people of PC, I gained confidence with myself when I was pressured into posting my pic and later my voice at the old PC and they didn't say ,"you suck tmbjr, get out of here!" With this confidence, I was able to become more outgoing offine.

I now have the same persona online and offline, even though it isn't the best persona to have, it is still cool. I'm just that silly guy who is much smarter than he chooses to let off. XD

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I couldn?t probably carry an argument as well offline?I?m really not good with conflict, at least online I can shelter how it?s making me feel. =\ I also have a much easier time having serious one on one conversations about life, love, etc with people, I?d never done that before I got online, but I?ve come to enjoy it, well at least being on the receiving end of hearing life?s difficulties. I don?t care to talk about myself as much as I do to hear about others.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • LOL samehere *sigh* you just cant talk about poikemon these days without being dissed...... hmmmm im extremely sensitive on and off....

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    Well, I'm not extremely different in real life than I am online. I guess the only difference is that I'm much more shy, atleast around strangers. On PC, I'm very open and I blab about almost anything, but in real life I'm a little more reserved and calm. ^_^; ...Didn't expect that, huh? Lol.
    *taps keyboard* You're already so calm, on PC. XD *wonders.. even calmer IRL*

IRL. I don't talk a lot, I'm indifferent... something I need to work on. O.o But other then that, if I have been talking to you for a while, I'm kind of the entertaining type. My personality is mostly the watching type, and sometimes talking, sometimes thinking, but rarely actually doing... ._.

As for talking... I'm just as bad offline as I am offline. I have zillions of things to learn to talk. o_o' About easeness, if I can't talk to you offline, I'm not likely going to be able to talk to you online either. But I guess... it's true IRL it can get really demanding. You need to talk fast sometimes. The atomsphere can be unpleasant, intimidating, antisocial, etc. My tongue is underexercised too so ... ya, I'm not too sharp with speaking.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
  • For a short time I said lol IRL, pronouncing it like "lahl". But not anymore.

I'm basically the same person on and offline. I try not to change my normal personality. I like people to see me as I really am. I will say one thing though, I tend to certainly be more shy IRL. I used to be VERY shy, and I'm not that way as much now, but I still can be pretty shy at times. I'm very open around my family, but around people I don't know or whatever, I tend to be more shy. I guess I just don't get out as much as most people so I don't have as much social experience. And plus I seem to have alot more luck making friends online than IRL. ^^;

Back