• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Do I do anything wrong in shiny hunting?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    I´m a little bit frustrated for quite a time now because I have the shiny charm and breedet already over 1000 eggs and still no sign for a shiny. Did I forget something? Or is it just bad luck because I saw youtuber where had it´s shiny after the 700st egg already :/

redragon94

~dragon~
    Years
  • The shiny chance of 1/512 is over a sample size of an infinite amount of eggs hatched.
    For example, this means that you can hatch over 20000 eggs and get nothing, and then hatch 40 shinys in a row. This is roughly still the same odds over the wider sample size. As frustrating as it is, the best thing to do is just to keep going.

I'm in the same situation. I hatched 1100 eggs in the hopes of finding a shiny Charmander and got nothing. But shortly later found a shiny square gastly in the wild!

Just keep at it

Back