• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do I have synesthesia?

Years
  • I need some help with this. Synesthesia comes in numerous types and it is a very unique disorder, 1 out of 23 people may have it. Essentially, it is the crossing of senses. I am not going to go in depth on it so if you want to understand better than research it. I would recommend people who already know this disorder well to reply to this thread.

So my question is if I have it. For me, I 'feel' sounds, usually in music. Like an imaginary energy.

For example, if you YouTube 'Cat transcendence' it will show you this funny video. When the girl sings, I feel an energy in me go up and down in unison with her voice. Then when the cat zones out into space I feel a sunshine of this energy burst in my chest, and then the voice 'the prophecy is true' rumbles through me and gives me the chills.

Usually with music I feel this energy flow about me in unison with the song's beat.

This energy feels sort of neurological.

Any help, anyone?

I can also characterize this feeling as a giddy, or positive tingling. Like the ones you get from ASMR videos. Just all through my body that comes in waves in unison to the song or sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back