• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do I need the DS Lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Claw

Flaminator
    Years
    Well my brother said that I need a DS Lite instead of a normal chunkey DS for it to go to PBR, although he's probably lying. Is this true?

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
    mabey he thought because of the diffrent size that it would some how work diffrently as well.regardless.this thread should probally be closed now

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    That's why they sell armor for them with those l33t graphical inserts. The DSlite has a better battery, more clearly defined screen, four backlight settings, and a much more compact design. There's a reason they're calling the old one the "DS fatty."

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Just make sure you transfer your configuration settings if you do step up your gear.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    sorry, but it is not useless.

kiler in da crib

He said pointless, not useless. Stop twisting words around. Their meanings aren't even similar. =/

And how is it not pointless? You used ~$100 for a DS, which has almost everything the DS Lite has. Would you want to waste ANOTHER $130 just for a slightly brighter and more 'clearly defined' screen?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    Stick with your old DS.

Those Lites ARE NOT durable at all.

Not to mention, on my DSLite, the touch screen went berserk, and now I can't bake poffins(not like this matters to me, but anyway) or play Ranger, as when I attempt to circle, it usually comes out in some bizarre shape looking like a zigzag appearing nowhere near where I was circling. Not like this matters either, as I've already transferred over my Manaphy, but still..

So yeah, the normal DS for the win!

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I'll give my two cents. First of all, they are the same price. Second, I have a lite, and I'm lovin' it (sorry, Mcdonald is on). It is brighter, and the mic is placed properly. However, if you own the original, there is no point in buying the lite.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Not to mention, on my DSLite, the touch screen went berserk, and now I can't bake poffins(not like this matters to me, but anyway) or play Ranger, as when I attempt to circle, it usually comes out in some bizarre shape looking like a zigzag appearing nowhere near where I was circling. Not like this matters either, as I've already transferred over my Manaphy, but still..

So yeah, the normal DS for the win!

The screen on my normal ds stopped working completely, the ds lite is much better.

Dymin

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    I have both the original DS and DS Lite they work completely fine. How did the screens get messed up?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    I dunno, I just can't seem to draw loops on it(it comes out as a zigzag about 3 inches away from where I was circling 99% of the time) unless I shove the styler about ten times against the touch screen, at which point the Pokemon I'm trying to capture(if we're speaking of Pokemon Ranger that is) either runs away or eats away completely at my HP(and I've got almost 50 of 'em) or my Poffin burns..about 5 times!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back