• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do looks matter?

Years
    BAHAHAHA! I am in a weird mood. My bad for not reading. Thought I was in OVP for a second.

No, they don't really matter for me.

I like metal and they are normally strange looking so! :B​

Last edited:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.

If you are to be in a relationship with someone, there HAS GOT TO BE some form of physical attraction, otherwise, how would you even strike a conversation with them? (Talking about offline there! XD)

But don't get me wrong, that isn't the only important aspect.​

Someone didn't read the first post :P

Btw, here's the video I was talking about. Watch it all and try not to laugh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xxeSRHuso

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    No. I think its shallow to like the music of an artist/band less or more depending on looks. I mean Chad Kroeger isn't the most good-looking guy ever [many may disagree with me but oh well :P] but Nickelback makes good music in my opinion, so I listen to them.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Yes it does. Whenever I like an artist and I hear their music (this only applies for male artists) I tend to imagine them as extremely good looking. So when I then go to look them up and find out that they are far from good looking it puts a damper on the music when I try listening to it again. I won't hate their music afterwards I just won't be as into it. I tend to not know what any of my favorite artists look like because of that. I just don't bother ever looking them up.

It's funny that you mention that. Now that I think of it, it us usually the sex I'm attracted to that I'm expecting to look good.

Not sure if that's the case with you though, or I mean the same reason. :P

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    I seriously don't care wether sexy or ugly, as long as I like the music. I mean, music is sounds, not pictures. So I don't watch music videos anyway though.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I usually never watch music videos. Except in the morning when I put on MTV or VH1...

But like with the song "Hurricane" by 30 Seconds To Mars...I LOVE the song but the music video is um...well, it's disturbing in my opinion.

hackerofdarkness

I have return
    Years
    I really don't care how the artist look like if I like their music I like the artist looks aren't really important in music videos as long as you like the music itself you're okay.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    Well it's not too huge of a deal for me since most of my bands look awesome. Godsmack makes great music, but Sully Erna is one ugly mofo.

Now if it was like bring me the horizon or escape the fate I'd be embarrassed to mention it since they look so stupid.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    i couldn't care less what a musician looks like. that's incredibly shallow, and i can't believe it does matter to some of you. you're not going out with them, so why does it matter?

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Hahaha, I love how I put forth the idea that it's shallow and all the holier than thou people are like "YEAH THATS TOTALLY SHALLOW I CANT BELIEVE YOU".

I was trying to be modest about it but really it's just a difference of opinion, it's perfectly reasonable for somebody not to like something based on looks. The whole world doesn't revolve around the sunday school handbook. You don't have to share my opinion but don't try to put yourself on a pedestal because of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    The thing is, I like to know what an artist looks like when I'm listening to their music. When I discover a new band, I do my research on them just to feed my curiosity. And, of course, one of the things I do is look up pictures of them. I don't care if they're attractive or not, though. That's not why I listen to their music; I listen to their music because I like it. If I don't consider someone "attractive," it's not going to stop me from listening or liking their music. I just like to put a face to the music I listen to.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Hahaha, I love how I put forth the idea that it's shallow and all the holier than thou people are like "YEAH THATS TOTALLY SHALLOW I CANT BELIEVE YOU".

I was trying to be modest about it but really it's just a difference of opinion, it's perfectly reasonable for somebody not to like something based on looks. The whole world doesn't revolve around the sunday school handbook. You don't have to share my opinion but don't try to put yourself on a pedestal because of it.

lol k.
    enjoy being immature and narrow-minded.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    lol k.
    enjoy being immature and narrow-minded.

It's surprising to me how people can think someone is narrow minded because of a trait they have. This person happens to not like bands that don't look good, is that a problem? That's personal opinion. That's not shallow, that's not stupid, that's just what this particular person feels.

Having a personal opinion about something is no more immature than the post you just made.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The day looks came into the world of music so predominantly as present as you see today, was a downfall in the art of music, in my opinion. They say that music is about the money, it's a business, but it's not. The music is about creativity, and everything the lyrics and melodies stand for, but the business is all about the money.

In saying that, I appreciate the value of a lot of music videos as a lot actually represent a lot of imagery, but it seems that the more nude the artist, and the better looking, the more of a chance they'll climb the charts. I see music videos these days with so many semi-naked dancers and see how little the videos have to do with the music. Though, this has become a custom of the popular music genre primarily. I'd like to see the charts taken over by more artists such as Adele rather than just the generic sort of pop music I often hear or the one hit wonders.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Depending. But most of what I listen to is Metal, and most of them look weirdish by most people's standards. Although I think they look normal, they just have a really long hair (i.e. the guys from Metallica, Megadeth or Iron Maiden). Most of them.

The day looks came into the world of music so predominantly as present as you see today, was a downfall in the art of music, in my opinion. They say that music is about the money, it's a business, but it's not. The music is about creativity, and everything the lyrics and melodies stand for, but the business is all about the money.

In saying that, I appreciate the value of a lot of music videos as a lot actually represent a lot of imagery, but it seems that the more nude the artist, and the better looking, the more of a chance they'll climb the charts. I see music videos these days with so many semi-naked dancers and see how little the videos have to do with the music. Though, this has become a custom of the popular music genre primarily. I'd like to see the charts taken over by more artists such as Adele rather than just the generic sort of pop music I often hear or the one hit wonders.

And I agree with this. Nowadays you don't need to be that of a good singer to be a pop artist, for example. If you have a high-pitched voice, do some weird-ass dance that isn't really dancing, and look good or have really weirdish looks (mainly achieved by makeup), that's what you need to be a pop artist these days. That's one of the main reasons why I HATE Pop.

And the bold part is also the reason why Dave Mustaine and the guys from Iron Maiden are my heroes.
    And also about the bolded part, pop music is indeed a business, for the same reasons I stated above. The looks are more sold than the music.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Not at all, do don't care if an artist is fugly or not, if they can sing well, and I like it, then that is the bottom line. That is just kind weird to like a song less cause you don't like the way the singer looks. o.0;;

Years
    Don't blame yourself. You'been hypnotized by societies' norms. It's not your fault, it's those who made it that way.

In reality, if a movie/rock/music idol/star wants to be popular they have to look good, otherwise they will be cast aside. Why? Because, apparently talent also means pretty. Also, people want their idols to be beautiful or very good looking.

Back