• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do Nintendo events make you angry?

Do Nintendo events make you angry?

• Total voters
Years
  • These events they do to get all the good Pokemon. They really make me mad, because I simply can't fly over to New York just to get a Pokemon. This is surely the same for loads of other people too - not all of us can get the legendary Pokemon without cheating.

I have an Action Replay, but I don't want to cheat. I want to play my game fair, so I battle properly. The same is for all the other games. What if I want Jirachi and Deoxys in Emerald? What if I want Celebi in Pokemon Crystal? I can't have them.

If the tagline of Pokemon is 'catch 'em all', what's the point in going to Nintendo events to get them? That's not really catching them. It's just doing small puzzles to get them. If they want the game to be challening, they should put in some huge tasks to get them.

What are your opinions?

Years
  • Well, I was never happy about that myself.
    We only had just one event here, where you could get Mew and that's it.
    So I never got them at all since I don't want to cheat.

But since D/P has WiFi capabilieties now, there might be an option to get them online.
    I really hope it will be like that.

And yeah, you've got a point with the 'catch 'em all' thing, but the special Pokémon give aways are just a way to promote Nintendo, I guess.

ck1109

Mew Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    i agree. and i live in uk so i have no chance of hetting the event pokemon!

Years
  • Do they do events in the UK or not? I think I heard about one recently, but then I hear a lot of rumors and whatnot so I'm not sure.

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
  • They should have them in more states instead of just NY, which really limits the rope for people who cannot fly to NY just to get a pokemon like some people which only leads to cheating for most.

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    They should just sack events and have a thing in the game where you put in a code, then it lets you play a game or something to get the poke. Events are just a pain, i know i'll never get the pokemon or anything. I hope they're done over WiFi for D/P though...

Years
  • Exactly. It would be nice if they could do them in other places too, where people can get to easier. Flying to New York just to get Deoxys sounds rather pointless.

Or just quit events all together and give everyone else a chance at completing their Pokedex :D

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I hate the events as well it is not like I can just say like "I am going to NY for a couple of days for a pokemon thing" to my mom I mean she would have a cow!I think that they should have them in D/P because of Wi-Fi.
    O_o

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Yeah, it's the most annoying part of the games...but now we have Wi-Fi, so it should be fixed (and with the combination of PBR & WiiConnect24 on the way, there's no more excuse).

I predict that online tournaments will become the new events.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    even with wifi i think they should stop events i would rather nintendo put there time into making a good storyline for the pokemon they would put in events like in emerald they had a good story around groundon,kyroge and rayquaza, but then spoiled the game by hosting events to get deoxys im sick of it i would rather earn my pokemon by catching them in the game

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • I've only been to an event once, but most of the time its really boring. If you're really lucky, you only have to wait in line for 3 hours! I missed all the events except the Mew event, so I can't get Celebi or Deoxys or any other pokemon that they give in pokemon events.

Prince Roserade

De LichtBloem
    Years
  • Nah, it doesn't really bother me. I'm not totally happy about them, but I'm not angry. It'd be cool to meet other fans, but I really don't care about Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. so I'm fine without 'em for the most part. However, I still wish I could for the other merchandise and stuff.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    A statue stands in a shaded place,
    An angel girl with an upturned face,
    Her name is written on a polished rock,
    A broken heart that the world forgot,

They NEVER Do anything in Canada. That's my Pokemon Pet Peeve. I want Celebi. I want Sheimi. They don't even do ANY Tounaments here!
    Kuri-Chan :7:​

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
  • I'm pretty annoyed with them, because even if they keep the events here a few years later than other countries, I rarely hear about them or just can't get there for the event. I've never got any event pokemon. I'd love a complete national dex just once.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I wouldn't have a problem if they were all like the "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" event at every single Toys "R" Us in America.

But, these stupid PC ones...

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years
  • No, not necessarily. I realized that Nintendo does this to promote the games and their own company, though it would be nice if they had specials all over the country and in little cities, not just New York, Los Angeles, Chicago...etc.. Have it on the Internet or in a way that everyone can actually get to them and be able to have the pokemon their promoting or something. :/ But Nintendo events all around I don't mind. It's where they're located that bugs me. >>;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Yes they are all annoying. its not fair that you have to go to an event to get a certain Pokemon. Not all people have time to go to these evnets to get a Pokemon without cheating. This happens to me alot

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Back