• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do non-human animals have rights?

Code

Stealcase
Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    They have the right to forever be silent, as they make their way to my dinner plate. XD
    No, but seriously, I think they have the right to not be cruelly treated.

Human-animals....lol.....XD

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I believe animal cruelty is a crime against life, but eating meat is fine as far as I am concerned.

O_o But sometimes hunters do it for sport when they could just get food elsewhere...
    Hunters are necessary to keep deer populations down. My town just paid like 20 hunters to wander around my town with crossbows and to shoot any deer that they see, that's how bad it is.

Every thing that takes in oxygen is an animal.
    (1) being eukaryotic (i.e. the cell contains a membrane-bound nucleus) and usually multicellular (unlike bacteria and most protists, an animal is composed of several cells performing specific functions) (
    2) being heterotrophic (unlike plants and algae that are autotrophic, an animal depends on another organism for sustenance) and generally digesting food in an internal chamber (such as a digestive tract)
    (3) lacking cell wall (unlike plants, algae and some fungi that possess cell walls)
    (4) being generally motile, that is being able to move voluntarily
    (5) embryos passing through a blastula stage
    (6) possessing specialized sensory organs for recognizing and responding to stimuli in the environment

Years
  • Umm...non-human animals? xD

Well, yeah, I believe they do! They're living things too! Why not?
    Plus, they were here first.

Back