• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Do people is hack G/S/C and R/B/Y?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Are people still hacking G/S/C and R/B/Y
    or has everyone moved onto the advance generation of games?

Would anyone here play a new hack if G/S/C or R/B/Y was the base rom?

Also is hacking G/S/C any easier than the advance generation?

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    There are still people hacking R/B/Y and G/S/C. I'm sure a lot of people would play a game if the base was R/B/Y or G/S/C. Some of the great games are based on those such as Pokemon Brown or Pokemon Prism.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2021
    There are still people hacking R/B/Y and G/S/C. I'm sure a lot of people would play a game if the base was R/B/Y or G/S/C. Some of the great games are based on those such as Pokemon Brown or Pokemon Prism.
    Pokemon Brown and Prism the same game...

Edit:
    Ignore that... Forgot Brown was a R/B/Y hack and Prism was a G/S/C hack, they are just by the same author

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Are people still hacking G/S/C and R/B/Y
    or has everyone moved onto the advance generation of games?

Would anyone here play a new hack if G/S/C or R/B/Y was the base rom?

Also is hacking G/S/C any easier than the advance generation?

Plenty of people still hack GSC and RBY. It's just that a whole lot more people hack the advance generation.

Yes, I'm sure a lot of people would.

Well, there are way more tools for the advance gen, and not a whole lot for GSC. I dunno, though. Why not figure it out yourself? xD

Last edited:

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
    I've been hacking RBGY since 2002 and bits of GSC since 2003.

I have played about hacking Ruby; that actually being my favorite of all the games as regards playing the game, but I enjoy hacking the red the most.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    I would be intrested in making a R/B/Y hack if I could hex edit properly... But I'll have to get more experienced. I think the reason most people hack Advance Gen games is laziness :/ Most people don't bother to learn how to hack the hard way via hex editor, because they have all of these tools to do it for them. No offense to the tool authors, but that is probably the main reason there are so few 1st and 2nd gem Rom hackers. So I guess, no hacking G/S/C is harder than 3rd gen, but I would play a good 2nd gen hack if there was a lot of effort put into it. ^_^

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Yes, 2nd or 1st Generation hacking is much harder than 3rd Generation hacking. As it was previously stated, you probably don't even have to open up a hex editor to hack any 3rd Gen game. However, to hack a 1st or 2nd Gen game, I can guarantee you will have to use a hex editor. So yes, 2nd and 1st Generation is much harder than 3rd Generation hacking. The site in my signature is a forum purely devoted to 2nd and 1st Generation hacking. You may want to check it out.

dwib

I Play Sports
    Years
    Making a RBY hack with quality fakemon would be great instead of inserting 3/4 gen pokemon that are devamped

Back