• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Pokemon eat each other?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Metagross's Sapphire Pokedex Entry: "Metagross is the result of two Metang achieving fusion. When hunting, this Pokémon pins the prey to the ground under its massive body. It then eats the helpless victim using the large mouth on its stomach"

Metagross has a particularly brutal and yet awesome at the same time way of eating other Pokemon. Besides, it's all about the food chain and keeping a balance in the numbers of species in an ecosystem and all that other stuff I learned in biology class so long ago.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Some Pokemon (like Pidgeot and Swellow) have been referenced to eat other Pokemon, so yes, Pokemon do eat other Pokemon.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Well in my mind I often make up documentaries about Pokemon like normal documentaries on like eagles and stuff.

I had one where it showed how Vaporeon hunted haha :L

They're vicious!

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Yeah, Pokemon have to eat other Pokemon- The Pokedex wouldn't lie to us.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
    I wonder what a Pikachu would taste like then O__O
    Giant rodent... sounds not tasty at all.

I wonder if the Jewish trainers aren't allowed to eat Pokabu...

Muslims in the pokemon world can't eat tepig too.

I hate it when ppl say that they only eat berries.

LOL if pokemon existed it would be KFP in kanto or sumthing :P

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    In a perfect world, your body wouldn't need protein.

Well, the world isn't perfect, and animals are a great source of protein. I'm sure Ash doesn't know that every time he orders a cheeseburger in the dub, some Miltank was slaughtered for his burger tasting satisfaction. Or something.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    It never says what pokemon you eat lol. Would be cool if it did, I mean they are animals to them. Maybe there is more to the Miltank farm than just milking them o_O

Years
    I presume they do. I remember in the episode where Ash tries to catch Piggie. He used Caterpee to fight it and Piggie chased Caterpee. Misty told Ash that Birds eat Caterpillars. So I presume they eat each other. I think the Pokemon world would be over-populated if they didn't. Plus, people eat Pokemon. I remember the episode where Magikarp was on that raft with Team Rocket and Ash & his friends. They all drooled over it lol.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    well,It is normal, and the pokedex said it so....XD yea. its says so in these:
    got this from bulbapedia. XD It proves it.
    Spoiler:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Maybe pokemon moves have a different effect on each other, compared to our modern technology. So maybe shooting Peliper for example could kill it, or blowing up a charizard. I would assume they would shoot the pokemon before eating it, I dont know if a knife will be any good, seeing as you have to handle the pokemon physically.

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    Maybe there are pokémon ranches where pokémon are bred to be consumed by humans? Combine a Miltank and a Parasect to get a nice steak with mushroom sauce? Man, I'm getting pokéhungry now.... Anyways, that might be an interesting sidequest in a game. Liberate a pokémon farm.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    It's mostly bird Pokemon that eat other Pokemon; proven in their Dex entries. :o YAY

Although some other Dex entries state that Pokemon eat prey. Like Poochyena who chase their's down until it can't move. Stantler So yeah I suppose Pokemon gobble each other. Like humans do to each other

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Has anything like this ever been shown on the cartoon?

What do you think? .__. A kids' cartoon program and their gonna show Pokemon devouring each other? :o

The only time someone has ever come close to eating a Pokemon on the show was on the Episode Pokemon Shipwreck; Indigo League, were James attempted to eat Magikarp, but couldn't because it has rock hard scales.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    yeh i agree that pokemon do eat other pokemon. As others have already said the pokedex does say that. Too bad they never showed that in the show that would be epic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010

What do you think? .__. A kids' cartoon program and their gonna show Pokemon devouring each other? :o

The only time someone has ever come close to eating a Pokemon on the show was on the Episode Pokemon Shipwreck; Indigo League, were James attempted to eat Magikarp, but couldn't because it has rock hard scales.

That's why I asked, because I've seen it mentioned on Pokedexs, Cards and other places. I haven't watched the cartoon in about 8-9 years I wouldn't know.

Back