• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do they really think the earth is flat?

STK

Char-bok-a!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    Nooooo everybody knows that the water is held in by Tropius and Flygon.

All joking aside, if they're serious... well then they can believe what they want... We'll all just have a good laugh!

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    BAHAHAHA

I agree with Skarmory, why would Earth be flat, but EVERY other planet round?

our planet special. :3

Nooooo everybody knows that the water is held in by Tropius and Flygon.

All joking aside, if they're serious... well then they can believe what they want... We'll all just have a good laugh!

that just proves pokemon are real, too.

---

but putting all sarcasm aside,
    let's see...

think of every little kid show out there.

Blue's Clues Room
    Dors the Explorer
    GO, DIEGO, GO!
    the Backyardigans
    Wonder pets
    and...
    um...
    let's say Power Rangers.

they could ALL tell you the earth is round.
    I wouldn't be suprised if the already had a geography episode about it already.

now, if a little kids show even can tell you the earth is round, you know it's been proven.
    NASA is NOT a lie.
    the government is not this evil corperation that plans to fool us all and tell us lies for the fun sport to get millions on millions of dollars.

now, wait-
    HOW can the government make millions telling everyone the world is round?
    seriously, how?
    what would be the point in lieing?

think about that.

so, in the words of Carlos Mencia,
    They're all DE DEE DEEE!!!1

Years
    Flat Earth??

our planet special. :3

that just proves Pokemon are real, too.

The Government is not an evil corporation But is controlled BY corporations:P
    Ancient Greece had already known that the Earth is round. So why fight them?
    To be frank this Flat Earth stuff should be just laughed at then move on to more pressing concerns...like I don't know something called Climate Change, true USA Universal Healthcare, and energy independence...ZOMG! Pokemon are real!!!

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    The bible is not a science book, just like your science book is not a book of poetry, but the bible it. Men didn't know the earth is round because of their own ignorance, that's all.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    One of my friends is in the FES. He doesn't believe the earth is flat though, he just enjoys the debating aspect of it. Along with many others :)

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    this is no rarity, just look at what happened when Carl Sagan went to give a speech in Waco about his theories, my interpretation of this is that there are some elements in societies where denial and misinformation, are daily business, there are also people who are afraid of knowing the truth, afraid of leaving the comfort of ignorance, or the comfort of tradition, so they stay in denial and make up ridiculous explanations that fit their view, another reason is the burning desire of some people to be separated from the mainsteam, even if it's by such means as believeing the earth is flat.

But this could also be a big joke made by trolls XD happened before

Back