• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do u hate it wen ppl tlk liek dis?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    For those who didn't quite get the title, I am talking about mostly young kids, teens and some adults who use slang and talk - liek dis. Argh it irritates me, I prefer to use whole words. I don't dislike LOL and LMAO and ROFL but the rest are just.. annoying to me.

Do you talk - liek dis? Do you like it? Do you prefer to talk properly? Is it easier for your fingers not to type that extra letter in? Can you fully understand it when someone talks like that?

Discuss and have fun.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    teh. I really hate that word, and the ones above. I mean I do have typos, but this browser mostly warns me of them.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Yes, but only if they do it on purpose for reasons other than mocking people. I "tipe leik dis" when I am imitating what someone else sounds like to me. :P

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    Argh, I hate it when people type that way. I feel my IQ dropping every second whenever I'm forced to read something like that. But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    it's the internet, proper grammar and syntax don't matter to me, as long as i understand what someone's trying to tell me. when people go out of their way to make their sentences ridiculous (legible or not) and it's not for comedic purposes, i may get a little annoyed.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Meh, I don't really know. As long as I know what they're trying to say, it doesn't bother me.

However, if they're trying to come across as smarter or better than somebody and type like that, I usually call them out on it. "ur/your an idiot" is my personal favorite.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to feel like this about how people type:
    Argh, I hate it when people type that way. I feel my IQ dropping every second whenever I'm forced to read something like that. But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Now I feel it isn't that important, so I feel more like this:
    it's the internet, proper grammar and syntax don't matter to me, as long as i understand what someone's trying to tell me. when people go out of their way to make their sentences ridiculous (legible or not) and it's not for comedic purposes, i may get a little annoyed.
    But I do tease my friends who type like that all the time and correct them. Even in texts. They get so angry when I do that, but that's the reason why I do it. <3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The most annoying thing is when a wild n00blet appears on a forum and types in shorthand everywhere he goes under the assumption that, "oh, it's the internet, everyone does it." When in actuality, pretty much any place on the internet that isn't a chatroom will scrutinize you for an apparent lack of grammar. >_>

SIN1488

Years
    The most annoying thing is when a wild n00blet appears on a forum

*Wild N00blet appeared!*

*Timbjerr: Go, Grammar Nazi!*

*Wild N00blet used "Typ leik dis"*

*It wasn't very effective....*

*Grammar Nazi used Correction!*

*The wild N00blet fainted x_x*

:D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I hate it when people type like that. Lots of people do, here in our country. They even given a name to those who type like that. I think it was Jejemon or something. :/

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    U DER 2 INSUT DA 1337SPK!!!!!?????????????

I hate it. Absolutely hate it. It's okay for someone to use it in a text, because it's faster and saves money, sometimes. On the internet, however...I swear, it's SLOWER to type in 1337 than with proper spelling and grammar. I mean, how much faster could it possibly be to type a 3 rather than an E? The only time anyone should ever have numbers replacing letters is when they're trying to write stuff on a scientific calculator.

I Also Get Annoyed When People Have Broken Shift Buttons. It Doesn't Make You Look Pro, It Looks More Like Your Computer Has Asthma. Just. Like. Continually. Typing. Like. This. To. Prove. A. Point. A. Bit. Is. Okay. But. Any. More. Is. Stupid. missing caps is usually okay for me when talking on MSN or something, but if you're on a forum, please, take your time to write properly!

Last edited:

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    i can read it, but it's still annoying
    i'll use "teh" or "liek" on purpose sometimes to be goofy, but not very often

it also annoys me when people do like "&&;" or double i's all the time or adding ; everywhere to be cute or whatever

i.e.
    ii type liike diis &&;; ii'm annoyiing liike dat;;

Last edited:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I sometimes talk like that to my friends when texting, sometimes msn. But I shorten by a letter (So I wouldn't write liek, I'd write lyk). But I try not to when I'm talking on chats etc. Most just when texting because it's quicker.

Wen Im readin sumtin leik dis tho- my brain uses a real, moron voice to read it. Or a little kids voice. It can be pretty annoying seeing it all the time, and it's funny when the person doing it is trying to be taken seriously.

I HaTe wH3N p30pl3 tYpE liKE tHiS tH0Ugh- I can barely be bothered typing like that, it takes longer then typing normally, and looks stupid.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    *Wild N00blet appeared!*

I knew someone would play off that. gg mate. XD

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Pfeh. It drives me mad. Especially the 'Look, I'm cute, I add five 'I's to every word and sometimes throw in a 'W', so I sound like this 'hey bwaibiiiiiii cakes.'

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
    *Wild N00blet appeared!*

^Epic win. :D

I don't like when people talk "liek dis" because it's annoying to read.

Some people are surprised when they meet a 12 year old that has proper grammar for once. :3 (Me)

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    I herd u liek mudkipz?

But yes, it's annoying. You know what's worse? 1337 speak. 1t's wh3n pp1 t41k l13k th1s 4nd th1nk th3y'r3 a11 c001 and ****.

SIN1488

Years
    I Also Get Annoyed When People Have Broken Shift Buttons. It Doesn't Make You Look Pro, It Looks More Like Your Computer Has Asthma. Just. Like. Continually. Typing. Like. This. To. Prove. A. Point. A. Bit. Is. Okay. But. Any. More. Is. Stupid. missing caps is usually okay for me when talking on MSN or something, but if you're on a forum, please, take your time to write properly!

That is definitely annoying, but you know what's more annoying? When people..... for some reason........ type like this........ with random pauses for NO FREAKIN REASON..............................period.......dot........dotdot.......

>_<

I can just imagine if someone did all three. :O

It would be like: I leik.... 2 Typ....... Leik dis...... Bcuz I tink...... BIDOOFS R AWSM...... XCLAMATION!

Years
    i hate it but i also hate when people get mad at you for mispelling some words or not using proper grammar >.>
    its the internet for pete's sake!

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    Yesh I hate that! Although I sometimes use "yesh" and "liek", but I hate the rest. Especially on my email. It's really not that hard to use grammar.

Back