• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do US Gamecube games work on an Australian (PAL) Wii?

splosh

Russian Reversaler
Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Just wondering cause someone is selling me their Pokemon XD and I want to make sure it will work on my Wii. I hope it does...

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • I'm not quite sure, it might not because it doesn't tend to work that way. Like you can only connect the same countries d/p/pt to PBR. But i don't know sorry.

Years
  • No, GameCube games are Region Locked, and therefore, a NTSC game will not work on a PAL system, that goes for either GameCube or Wii games.
    Either you hack your Wii and install an unlocking software, or you downgrade your Wii and buy the Freeloader for Nintendo Wii (by Codejunkies/Datel, found on some online stores), however as both methods are illegal, you must downgrade your system and don't update it in the future. It is a matter of searching around, but you can't play other region's games on your PAL console.

Back