• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you accept evolution (this poll is for research)

(Please read first post) Do you accept the pro-evolution statement below?

• Yes, I accept it.

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No, I do not accept it.

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I'm conducting a little research project for my own benefit. It involves how the level of acceptance of evolution varies according to a certain variable. I am not going to reveal this variable, at least not yet, in order to avoid skewing the results.

For your answer, vote on whether or not you accept and agree with this statement, which I adapted from Project Steve:
    Evolution is a vital, well-supported, unifying principle of the biological sciences, and the scientific evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of the idea that all living things share a common ancestry. Although there are legitimate debates about the patterns and processes of evolution, there is no serious scientific doubt that evolution occurred or that natural selection is a major mechanism in its occurrence.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There is scientific proof that all animals adapt and evolve within their surroundings, making it entirely plausible that humans came from apes. There is no argument that really can be made against this

Go easy on him now, he's only about 10 or so.

Anyway, I believe in Creationalism or whatever you'd name it. First book in the Bible tells me what I need to know. And that is all from me on this matter. I'm not going to sit here and argue on it, because it's not like it'd get us anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I believe in Creationism, but where different segments or the creation of a one-celled organism evolving by God's creation. The first book of the Bible tells us how the world was created. Some people go as far as to say the seven days were not 24-hour days, but I think that they were.
    I can see the flamewars coming ;___;

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yeah, I accept evolution as the scientific view of how the world came to be. You "hardcore" Christians can B&W as much as you'd like that the world was made in 7 Earth days for all I care, those 7 days are measured in reference with something else. Our Earth is a product of billions of years of development and evolution. Maybe God did make it in 7 Days, but please shut up on a day being 24 hours that freaking long ago. If the earth wasn't made yet, how would you define a day?

Regardless of all that, I'd be Coevolutiocreationist. XP

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • God is the why, and the what. He created the Universe (Admit it... Something had to!), and science tells us how.

Science and religion are symbiotic. That's why we have Christian scientists.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In general, yes I do accept evolution because some species benefit from it. Those species develop adaptations to help them survive in their natural environment.

Years
  • Yeah, I believe in evolution. Gods may or may not have caused the Big Bang, or whatever happened before the Big Bang, but that's not relevant to evolution. I think life evolved from cells and natural selection is why we don't have some kind of animals today.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I believe we all have evolved from monkeys as well as Adam and Eve. And the big bang too. Idk, I believe all three. XD; But yeah I think evolution exists, considering how animals have changed over the years (like... big birds in the past)~

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I agree with the statement.
    Maybe God just guided the process of evolution? :P

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I'm an atheist, and I believe in what has been pretty damn well proven - that's all I really have to say on the matter.

Years
  • There is scientific proof that all animals adapt and evolve within their surroundings, making it entirely plausible that humans came from apes. There is no argument that really can be made against this

Then, they must have dug out the so-called "missing link", right? The nexus that humans came or "evolved" from a common ape or whatever ancestor is backed up by the existence of a missing link, no? Is the missing link discovered or is it still missing? Or am I wrong here? Please someone correct me if I am.

Some things in Darwin's theory makes sense, but I can't say any of it is true. The dude might be true, I don't know, but from all the claims, which are then falsified or ridiculed, nothing "convinces" me that some aspects of evolution are indeed correct. So, no, I do not accept it [yet?].

I don't care for religion, so please don't think I'm basing my post on religious arguments. ><

The research's result will be that more people support evolution.

Years
  • Although I support that evolution exists and will assume we are products of it, I still find it difficult to see why humans are so similar to apes, yet so much more mentally advanced.

Agnostic.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I don't believe in any god so obviously I'm going to follow the only rational explanation that doesn't involve some magical being whose existence can't be proven in any way.

So yeah, I believe in evolution. There are tons of scientifical evidence to support it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yes, I believe in evolution; I also believe that God exists and that he started, possibly even guided the path of evolution. The thing about the "days"? If you actually believe they're 24-hour days, please stop taking the Bible so literally. Pretty much none of it (particularly not the Old Testament) should be taken directly as it is written. ;-;

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I fall under the banner of Roman Catholicism (rather loosely tbh though) and I see no reason to doubt the theory of evolution.

Hardcore Christians need to realize sooner or later that the book of Genesis, and even a little bit of Exodus, are little more than a collection of Hebrew mythology, not historical fact. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back