• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you accept random friend requests?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I send more friend requests than I receive them. Anyway, I accept any friend requests I get, because: Why not?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    It's PC, not facebook. I don't have any over personal information about me on here that I would feel uncomfortable with people knowing. If this was facebook, of course I'd rather know the person before I added them.

However, I understand people have their reasons, but....it just seems so pompous to not add someone on here. It's not like they suddenly have access to your whole life, just your profile. Plus, OH MY GOSH! HEAVEN FORBID SOMEONE TRIES TO MAKE PLEASANT CONVERSATION WITH YOU!!!! I just don't get it, not on here at least.

I know, I know, I'll probably get some hate for that but it's how I feel. If it's "just a number on your profile that has no significance" like people say, then why not accept a nice request?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    if I actually like someone even if we don't exactly talk often, then sure, that's what most people on my friends list are like anyway. If it's just some random noob then no thanks lool.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I only deny a request if someone has never ever had any interaction with me before. Other than that, I accept most requests. Whether we had a one page VM convo or chatted a whole bunch in a thread, if we have interacted and I think of you at least neutrally, I'll accept.

Of course, there aren't many people I would think of less than neutrally, so yeah. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Here? Yes, absolutely. I don't see why I would shut my profile off to everybody, I have nothing to hide. It's PC for god's sake, I don't take the whole profile thing seriously at all. Actually, just take what Kyoko said and pretend I wrote it because that's exactly how I feel about this topic.

Facebook, though? No, I don't add complete randoms.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Random Friend Requests? Usually, no. If it's just somebody hopping from profile to profile handing out friend requests, I don't. But if we've exchanged a few VMs and stuff, I'll happily accept them.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Um, no? If I don't know the person, I'm not going to accept their friend request, lol. I'm not trying to collect friends on here unlike someone.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    "Pending Friend Requests: (6)"

One is always sitting there, but the other 5 are recent (last few-ish days?). I leave them for like 2 weeks (mainly cause lazy) or hope I get to know the others in due time. IF NOT, then I just don't accept, etc. I like to keep an even friends list and if there's certain people I'm not particularly close with before then I'll end up deleting them if they re-request if they don't try to talk again/be friends again/etc. ;x

On the other hand, some I can barely remember talking to and I get friend requests from and I keep thinking "HMM MAYBE I KNOW THEM FROM..." when usually my only questions on where I know people from are either from TCTI/DLTMS0/BW/CBC because I read those places most often and get people mixed up from there etc!

Years
    I usually accept random friend requests cos IMO that person finds my Oshawott meme interesting. Plus it adds to my already big friendlist.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No; I prefer to keep the list limited to people I can or could actually call friends.
    I would accept persons I've talked with briefly under my contact list (friend box unchecked) but I'm rather too complacent and almost never talk to them more afterward anyway.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    It depends on why they are adding me. If they legitimately want friends or someone to talk to, I will accept, even if I've never spoken to them. But if they are adding me to increase their friend count, I will reject their request. I don't like people who desire quantity rather than quality- I'm not a number!

When I see someone with like 1,200 friends, and they aren't necessarily popular for any reason, I think of how sad they must be.

Years
    I'll usually accept all friend any random friend requests simply because that is a good enough reason to start a conversation with them. They obviously are interested in me a little bit because they sent the request.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Not really, I've only accepted requests from people I've at least talked to or like. I clean my list up if I'm bored from time to time, but honestly, it doesn't really matter either, since I haven't limited my VM's etc..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If I've never spoken to someone even once, then I'm not going to accept a random friend request from them. I would rather have spoke to them either within the forums or in VM/PM before accepting them as a friend. Even once will do, as long as it's more than a 'hi how are you' conversation before ending.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I used to see refusing a friend request as rude, so I used to accept eery friend request.Though lately Ive been more picky and will accept only friend requests from people I know from other forums and get along with well.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Sometimes I accept them but I remove them from my list if they are inactive of we just don't have any discussion. Time to do my clean up at some point.

On Facebook I don't accept random requests, I just ignore them.

Ayselipera

If I don't mind them then sure. I would then think that by adding me they must want to talk eventually and so I would look forward to it since I like them. Otherwise no.

Back