• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually laugh when you say lol?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I'm laughing a little on the inside, but usually not on the outside. For truly funny things I'd say more then "lol"

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    On occasion, I will actually laugh, or at least chuckle.

But I never say lol unless I really mean it :p

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hmmm...

I dont find myself loling much around the web, but if I use it must be because: 30%, either me or someone said something funny. 70%, either me or someone said something stupid. So, most of the time I use "lol" it's because I'm actually trying to be mean :badsmile:

In fact, I really prefer to use this smiley: :laugh:, and really, more than laughing I'm just smiling at something funny. When I really want to show that something just made me laugh, then I use jajaja, or hahaha or the same thing with more jas or has or the same thing with capslock, etc, you get the idea. Too bad most of the times I actually laughed at something were msn chats.

Years
    The odds of me using "lol" are about the odds of you catching a shiny pokemon without a gameshark. HAH!

But seriously folks, I normally use "haha", "hah", "heh", or "hehe". I also use XD albeit infrequently. So, in answer to the topic question, no.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    I never use lol, sometimes when I joke around with friends I use variations of it like, lawl and lulz. Otherwise if I laugh I just type heh or haha.

cieux

banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2011
    Nope. If I'm actually laughing, I tend to spam people with caps and "XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAJDKLAD"'s. If I'm giggling, I'll put splat "kufufu" into the conversation.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    I never do.

And I remedy this by never saying lol.

When I laugh, I tend to just say so, 'cause that's a pretty big feat usually. Or, on a special occasion, I might say that I did a lol.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I use 'xD' to show that I'm amused. I never use 'lol' anyways; I just say 'that was hilarious' when I laugh out loud.

Years
    I may laugh for .0001 seconds, but I usually type lol without knowing it. Sometimes I do it because I find something (close to being) funny, and sometimes I do it when people to get the fact that I'm trying to make a joke. Lol... no, didnt laugh there. o_o

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Most of the time I use it when I laugh a little yes, but anything more worthy gets put down as Haha! or lmao etc

Sometimes I use it as an escape route if something confuses the hell out of me.

lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Who still says lol? O_o

I say lawl when I'm amused and I'm being sarcastic. For funny stuff, I'll use xD and I probably did laugh.

For things that have me laughing hysterically, I'll put -rofl- or xDDDDD or something like that...or I'll tell you I spit [insert what I was eating/drinking here] all over the screen. And I probably did.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I simply use it just let people know when I'm joking about something.. or when I'm trying to be polite. But I never actually laugh out loud when I type it.

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
    No. Actually, I don't really tend to laugh when I'm supposed to @@
    Like, I write "uhiuhaiuhaiuh", "lol" and "rofl". But really laugh, nah... I'm such a farse, mimimi
    When I REAAALLY laugh, I write "XD" or a scandalous laughter: "uHAIUAHoiuahOIUAHiouhiuOHA"

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    If I do write lol in any of my posts, then I probably giggled/chuckled or something. Probably even a slight smirk. And the same goes for me with the xD issue; it shows that I'm amused or something of the sort. When I'm sarcastic I'll go 'LOL' or 'lulz'. Making fun of teh nubs. >>;

Back