• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually like Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Depends on what I'm looking for in particular when it comes to Pokémon. The games and the cards aren't too bad while everything else is meh to me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't think so, there's always fun to be had raising Pokémon for battle. But, ever since they moved to the new EV\IV system, I lost patience trying to raise Pokémon because it became unnecessarily complicated.

By post-game content I meant stuff besides breeding and competitive battles (like PWT, PokeStar Studios, Battle Frontier, etc) because you can do breeding and competitive battling every generation. And what new EV/IV system? EVs and IVs haven't changed much since Gen 2. Breeding for IVs has changed some (ie. they made it easier).

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • By post-game content I meant stuff besides breeding and competitive battles (like PWT, PokeStar Studios, Battle Frontier, etc) because you can do breeding and competitive battling every generation. And what new EV/IV system? EVs and IVs haven't changed much since Gen 2. Breeding for IVs has changed some (ie. they made it easier).

Yeah but for me the fun was in those battling stuff. However, in 3rd gen they changed the IV/EV system to the 31 IV/510 EV system which just made everything a bore to do, and before 6th gen you had to actually make notes of how many EVs your Pokémon needed because the game doesn't tell you.

Breeding is easier but you still need elusive 31 IV Dittos to have good Pokémon... In fact I think the breeding system of 3rd gen is far more complicated than what they had in 2nd gen, and it still is, unless you have the correct items to make inheritance easier.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I still like Pokemon but it has faded a lot obviously. Last time I played was when x and y first came out. I finished and it was fun and yeah I haven't touched it since. I ended up getting x around Christmas time and I still haven't taken it out of the packaging lol.

I'll always really love Pokemon, but the mood just has to hit me to really be into it or talk about it.

Years
  • Nope, I hate Pokemon with every fibre of my being- why else would I mod the general Pokemon board on a forum dedicated to Pokemon?

In all seriousness though, I do love Pokemon, though maybe not as much as I did when I was younger. I no longer watch the anime religiously, buy a pack of cards with every spare dollar, or play the games with any free moment I get, but I've been following the franchise since the beginning, so I can't see myself just leaving it after sticking around this long.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to be a huge fan of Pokémon and would follow all aspect, from TCG, games, manga, and anime, all the way to just some simple merchandise such as plush, t-shirts, and figures. Unfortunately, though, my interest in anime and manga started to decline over the years, as I started to think that they were getting repetitive. Games are very similar to each other in comparison, too, but I'm still a fan of them; personally, I find them to be pretty fun and addicting. :]

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    I've loved Pokemon ever since i was a kid sadly i wasn't always good about following the games something i regret now that i have gotten back into them.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Oh yeah, you could definitely say that. But other than following this community, I don't do much else Pokémon-ish nowadays. Maybe because I don't get the time, or because I don't have new games to play. Either way, I'm in it for the games, and sometimes for the manga, and ever-so-rarely for the anime.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Oh yes definitely, that's why I join PC after all. I've been obsessed with Pokemon since I was at least 6 or 7. I used to watch the anime every week and weekend, collected the cards, and merch. My interest in Pokemon somewhat faded a bit when I became a teenager, but I still played the games. But recently my interest in Pokemon has had a resurgence , especially after high school and most definitely ever since joining PC! Now I've gotten back into collecting the cards and buying figures and plushies and any Pokemon merch I can get my hands on. I recently got a refund from my school cause my financial aid exceeded the amount for tuition. And I'm sure I spent over $200 maybe $300 on Pokemon stuff out of the $1180 I got. Yup. This franchise is killing my wallet.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh, definitely. I love Pokemon. Even through the ups and downs of my life, I've always loved Pokemon.

Although I don't own tons of merchandise or cards, I can always relax by sitting down with a game of Showdown or an arbitrary chapter of Adventures of Yellow.

I was actually debating with myself on whether to join PC for years, and I do regret that I didn't join until the day that I did. Pokemon has been with me since childhood, and although I'm not too appreciative of Generation VI, I will always love it.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • I really absolutely love it. It's actually helped me through quite a few tough times. I'm never ashamed to call myself a fan of Pokemon.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I like it to the extent that I play the games relatively often. I used to like the show when I was a little kid, but nowadays I don't really care for it. The games and the actual creatures still kick ass, but I can't say I'm much of a fan of any of the other aspects of the franchise.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • Yes, Pokemon changed my life in the Games, Anime, TCG, Toys. They're all awesome and I am truly a PokeFan! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    This is a Pokemon forum, it would seem almost hypocritical if someone was on here and didn't like Pokemon. I personally, like the Pokemon with all of the games, anime, cards and other medias it has. I've loved the series since I was four years old. The best thing is Pokemon is worldwide, I first learned about Pokemon when I lived in South America as a young boy.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    This is a Pokemon forum, it would seem almost hypocritical if someone was on here and didn't like Pokemon. I personally, like the Pokemon with all of the games, anime, cards and other medias it has. I've loved the series since I was four years old. The best thing is Pokemon is worldwide, I first learned about Pokemon when I lived in South America as a young boy.

Well it was in the CCC but it got moved, so yeah..

Years
  • I love Pokemon! It's been my favorite series since I was a wee 8 year old. Don't think my love for it will ever really die down unless I become too busy to play the games or watch the anime but even if it did I probably would continue to stick around PC. Hard to leave all these wonderful people I met. (:

Years
  • I got into Pokemon when Pokemon Diamond came out. Then Platinum. After beating Platinum I wanted to go back all the way to 1998 when Red and Blue came out. I got a Gameboy Color and went on the search. Pokemon Yellow was awesome and I loved the other GBC games as well with the GBA.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I really enjoy playing the games when they first release, and I'm usually hooked for some weeks or months, but it does die down. Maybe I'll replay them at some point while I'm waiting for the next generation to come out. I also keep watch over the anime, and Pokemon related news, in general.

Though, I don't post in Pokemon related areas too often because I talked about Pokemon a lot over the years, and when I was younger, and I talk about it randomly with friends when it comes up. I think I just got a lot of it out of my system, or when I do talk about it, like I said, it comes up in conversations with friends, rather than me going to seek out Pokemon talk on a forum. I prefer to venture out into other sections.

Back