• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you actually trust Pokebank?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
  • As per titled, do you actually trust keeping your Pokemon in the Pokebank?

I for one, does not feel very safe keeping my Pokemon there, in case of some online server issues that erases them off, or hackers, or if you even remember to pay for your next pass, or not.

I literally stuffed all my 300+ Pokemon into my X game, probably I'll be buying Y for more storages too...

How about you guys? How do you feel about keeping your Pokemon in the Pokebank (If you are doing so currently?), and for those whom does not get the Pokebank, do you think it is wise to? Or perhaps, I am just worrying myself too much?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2014
    LOL I feel the same way too, also I hate the fact that items can't pass through

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I think you could be over-worrying yourself. Nintendo is probably doing the best they can to secure the Pokebank from hackers. I mean, they're charging a fee for the service, so they're obligated to provide the best service that they should. /optimism.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I guess I am; But then I can use it to transfer Pokemon easily from one game to another in the future, so I won't worry about not renewing my pass early enough in case I forget! And yeh, the no-items thing is kind of... meh.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I really don't see what I have to lose. I've deleted save files in Sapphire, Pearl, and White with near-complete pokédexes before on a whim simply because I was bored. The existence of the Pokébank is really more of a convenience and experimental thing for me than anything. XD

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I read that we can't share Pokebank amongst consoles, so what if your consoles (Touch wood) got into a mishap?

The point of my worry is... Singapore does not have our own e-Shop, so we have to set our setting to Canada, if I needed the customer service, it's going to be a dread I am afraid. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I have 710 Pokemon on there, so I think it's safe to say I trust it {XD} As has already been said, we paid for it, so Nintendo will be doing their best to make sure it's as safe as possible, since we have grounds to sue :P

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I trust it. I mean the majority of Pokemon I have in there are worthless, but that's just me being more lazy than not trusting them, because most of the Pokemon that I have that are of some value I use of a regular basis, so I keep them in game. Hackers don't concern me, because I'm not really sure what they'd be able to do large scale, and I'm not worried about individualized attacks.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I sometimes wonder about the servers going down or getting hacked and stuff, but most of the time I'm okay with storing some Pokemon on there. Regardless, I have all my most important Pokemon in-game anyways, and most of my random bred or caught ones stored in the Bank.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I'm not worried at all either as all 10 in boxes are full of shinies only.

I am probably just a cheapskate :p

But then I have so much feelings for my Pokemons, because most of them have been with me since FRLG and RSE eras (Despite not being shiny nor EV trained or flawless IVs), as well as the Shiny, EV trained and flawless IVs I traded for on this site; They're all too precious to me to lose any of them.

/Pixels_attachment.jpg

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I see PokeBank as more of a convenience than anything else. I wouldn't trust it with my Shinies or IV breeding pairs, but Pokemon I don't need on my X game are fine. If I don't want to transfer items, I might put Pokemon from my copy of Y on it to save for later. I paid for it, I get to store as many or few Pokemon as I want on it.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Meh I only put "failures" of pokemon breeding in Pokebank.... so no worries.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I think hackers are more worried about getting more or protesting about something. Not some ¨childrens" game and cause a disruption. While your arguments are valid, I dont think we have anything to worry about.

Years
  • I read that we can't share Pokebank amongst consoles, so what if your consoles (Touch wood) got into a mishap?

The point of my worry is... Singapore does not have our own e-Shop, so we have to set our setting to Canada, if I needed the customer service, it's going to be a dread I am afraid. :(

Well I also have that problem with my country, but at th same time Canada is in Nintendo of America influence so I think we can be pretty safe for the moment. Also, the fact that when your pass expires your pokemon stay there feels a little...lik a ransom :s

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    I personally love Pokemon Bank and I don't think some of those things would happen because think of the millions of refunds they would have to give!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'm paranoid about anything being stored on the internet, so... yeah, I don't really trust it fully. But I trust it enough, I suppose. Don't think Nintendo would risk pissing off that many people. Wouldn't need to use it for storage purposes anyway though as I can put my save file on my computer anyways using my special save device.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • To be honest, I think it's absurd to worry about something that's only meant as an add-on to a game which allows for a lot of storage to begin with. The vast majority of Pokémon Bank users likely aren't going to keep their most often used Pokémon online, as opposed to extras they want to keep for their games but not get rid of by releasing them. My main use for Pokémon Bank is keeping all the foreign Pokémon I've been slowly trying to get my hands on for Pokémon X's Pokédex since I've nearly completed the English and plan to fill up some of the foreign language entries as well (I probably won't get all of them, but I'll be satisfied with the ones for Pokémon I like the most). Additionally, I have found Pokémon Bank to be a miraculous tool for both importing Pokémon that I want to save from my older games (which I intend to or am currently replaying) as well as transferring Pokemon I specially breed in Pokémon X into Pokémon Y (which I'm currently playing).

Back