• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you add words to your dictionary?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm still lol'ing that Google does not accept Nica.

Unless it's the european/american spelling of a word, I usually don't add words to mine. Oddly though, Pokémon was already a word in my spellsheck.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Every time I spell a word wrong by accident, I correct it. If it is right, but it isn't supposed to be a normal word, I just add it to the dictionary.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    You a lot of times I have the tendency to read the dictionaries, it also depends from that type of word to look for.

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
    i've pretty much just given up at this point. too many pokemon names that i have used. and the language just changes too much.
    i have no idea why i have spellcheck on my IM client; its useless. lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No. I ignore. Or when typing in Swedish I turn that function off, even. I'm a good enough speller to do well on my own XD (in Swedish, at least)

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    I add:

> Pokemon names
    > names of towns
    > names of people
    > Japanese words I randomly insert in stories, such as 'nani', 'gomen', or 'domo'
    > generally everything except for words I use everyday, like if I spelled 'milk' 'mik'

So yes, I do. I'm not too patient with the spellcheck dictionary.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    That little squiggle drives me insane. But no, I don't. It's too much work, because I'm lazy XD

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    No, I don't do that, but I'll do it eventually.

I did not even know you can do that until just now... or at least when I first read this...

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Yes, every once in a while. especially if it's a word I use all the time that it constantly think I misspell even though I know it's right. (like colour for instance, I know it's spelled color in the american dictionary, but for some reason I cannot get into the habit of spelling it other than colour)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I add words to it all the time, I just never want to see those red squiggly lines again.

Back