• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You all have your dittos in the dayacare?

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
  • i've realized in all my pokemon games(with daycares and dittos) i stick them in the daycare and never use them and they eventully get them to lvl 100 and the main breeding pokemon poor ditto....

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Same here.

I don't take them out unless I find one with better IV's to breed with or if I'm doing the Masuda method for shinies.

The only I've ever used a ditto was for fun in HGSS, challenging the E4 with just one ditto...
    Oh how much of a fail that was...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yes that's exactly what I do. But I usually forget about them, and they've yet still to reach level 100.
    However, what I hate about the daycare is they delete and replace moves without notifying you, which really frustrates me.

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • Yes that's exactly what I do. But I usually forget about them, and they've yet still to reach level 100.
    However, what I hate about the daycare is they delete and replace moves without notifying you, which really frustrates me.

But that wouldn't be a problem with ditto :D

And yeah, i left mine in there and when i took him out to teach a pokemon egg moves i was shocked that he was at level 90 :|

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    No... well, my English Dittos, at least. What's the point of crazy in-breeding if you don't have a heightened chance of getting a Shiny? XD

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • wait how do you get pokemon shinies from daycare breeding? i didnt even know that was possible

You can do the Masuda method which increases your chance by75% of getting a shiny by obtaining a foreign Ditto and using it to breed. However, the transfer of natures from the female breeder(everstone) will not work.. for some reason.

1 in 8192 chance of obtaining a shiny by egg with a non-foreign Ditto. That's a 0.0122% chance of obtaining a shiny via egg hatching or wild pokemon.

1 in 2048 chance by doing the Masuda method.
    That's a much higher percentage rate.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have captured several Ditto of different natures for breeding purposes. I use them only when the Pokemon I'm trying to breed doesn't have a suitable partner.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Yeah, dittos not really worth anything is it? I checked and all my games have dittos accumulating levels in the daycares. ...Too...much...work...to...take...them..out...

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I never take my Ditto out of the daycare. What's the point of taking it out? It would cost too much money anyways... =/

Sorry Ditto =/

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
  • I have kept my magikarp in there for ages and only just have I realized that I left it in there. Its now level 56, and my main team are barely hitting 30.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I was going through a breeding phase *shudders* which I had to go to Pokemon Rehab for, but my Ditto grew to 83 during that time period.

I had bred about 3 boxes full of flawless Eevees.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I only use Dittos for genderless Pokemons. You know, I should start taking advantage of their flexible sexuality.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • My Ditto leaves the Daycare whenever I need to breed for egg moves and when I was trying to hatch a Shiny Eevee using Masuda's method before I learned how to RNG for shinies.

I was going through a breeding phase *shudders* which I had to go to Pokemon Rehab for, but my Ditto grew to 83 during that time period.

I had bred about 3 boxes full of flawless Eevees.

Wow, that's A LOT of RNGing...

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • My ditto has been in daycare ever since I beat the 2nd gym in soulsilver. It was lvl 5 when i caught it, and now it's lvl 86... That's all because of daycare

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • If the Daycare is like the Playboy Mansion, then Ditto is definately Hugh Hefner. All humor aside, I always leave them in daycare.

Back