• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you battle with your shinies?

Do you use your Shinies in battle

• Yes! I love having those special guys in my team!

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • NO! I'm strictly a collector, plus they're not to be used in battle.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Ah, every once in a while.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • With my own shinies, only if it's for fun since they suck. With traded shinies, not really ever since any shiny with a good nature is cursed or hacked.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • Then why post here? I just like to collect them, there's only so much you can do with them because their "build" is usually screwed.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Shinies never have the right Natures and Good IVs, and if it does, you would most likely be called a hacker anyways. So I felt I was better off just using normals.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Nope, I don't. I don't really battle at all to begin with. XP But if I did, I wouldn't use shinies--they wouldn't do well in competitive battling especially if it doesn't have good natures/ivs or anything.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I don't have any shinies, but they fail at battling, so I was never tempted to really search for any. Well-trained and bred pokes fare so much better in battle than shinies.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • I collect them from the wireless trade section, but I breed and raise my own team and there arent any shinies involved

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • I get impatient about the speed of battles, and if things like the shiny animation slow it down I tend to get a little bit irate, so I tend not to.. More for collection I think.. Sometimes I will use them though..

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • i use one and its shiny umbreon only becuase i like it blue better than the original color.But if someone uses a whole team of shinys they would automatcally think that its hacked.

deco11

Custom User Tile
    Years
  • i got a shiny kabuto off this guy and it has these IVs

Its also lonely ( + atk - def

27 atk
    31def
    25spd

those are averages

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
  • Depends. To me a shiny is a regular pokemon in battle. If its strong enough, it'll be on the team, if not PC Box.

Puddle Fish

Non-conforming Fishie!
    Years
  • I battle with my Lvl. 60 Shiny Crobat! It is great, 'cause when I bring it out people are all like "Wow!" I wouldn't trade it for the world! When I get Pearl at Christmas I will transfer as soon as possible!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Only if I want to evolve it. Otherwise, no, because they never seem to have the right nature...although natures doesn't really matter when I'm battling my sister because she's easy to beat XD

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • I use my shinies sometimes, but only in the random Wi-Fi of PBR, and against new players who want to see some of "the awesome." >.>

I do EV-train the shinies I like, but I would never use them in serious battles...unless I actually caught a good one myself.

Back