• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in aliens?

Do you believe in aliens?

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

Michii

as in Mishy
Years
  • Do I believe in aliens? Well, I believe in life on other planets, so yes.
    But do I believe that they fly around the world, abducting people and such? Nope.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    That's obscenly ignorant. Because the way i see it there are two general ways Christians interpret the bible; Symbolically and literally. If you take the bible literally then you believe god created the universe in seven days, which contradicts proven theories of evolution. If you take it symobilically, then you will find this page intersting:
    https://www.thewatcherfiles.com/aliens_are_fallen_angels.html
    This is to prove im not some bigot who just slams anyone who is religious. I do my research. This page has several references to the bible of extraterrestrial activity. Sure, you could go with the simple literal idea that these aliens are just fallen angels, but wasnt lucifer a fallen angel? Why is he not grouped with these angels? Why are he and his followers any different? Besides, they are described at one point as 'grey with buglike eyes' which is pretty darn close to the stereotypical alien.

The Bible never says that God didn't create life on other planets before he created life here on Earth. In a Christian's perspective, God is the great creator, and surely he didn't just sit by himself for all eternity before he decided to create something.

Even though Christians look at the Bible in a symbolic manner, every symbolic phrase in the Bible is only representing something Literal ( ex. The Beast of Sea - AntiChrist )

I would also like to know where in the Bible that Angels are described as Gray will Buglike Eyes? I've looked it up on a few Bible search engines, and nothing has come up so far ;3

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • Well, I think the universe would be a very boring place without other life, don't you? I said yes - yes to bacteria-like aliens - but I'm not too sure about intelligent life, but I'm certainly not ruling it out.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • That's obscenly ignorant. Because the way i see it there are two general ways Christians interpret the bible; Symbolically and literally. If you take the bible literally then you believe god created the universe in seven days, which contradicts proven theories of evolution. If you take it symobilically, then you will find this page intersting:
    https://www.thewatcherfiles.com/aliens_are_fallen_angels.html
    This is to prove im not some bigot who just slams anyone who is religious. I do my research. This page has several references to the bible of extraterrestrial activity. Sure, you could go with the simple literal idea that these aliens are just fallen angels, but wasnt lucifer a fallen angel? Why is he not grouped with these angels? Why are he and his followers any different? Besides, they are described at one point as 'grey with buglike eyes' which is pretty darn close to the stereotypical alien.
    And I think you're very arrogant to come in here and say "Oh my, you're wrong and I'm right". All Sea_Guardian said is she doesn't believe in aliens because the Bible says nothing about them going around (the base of the Christian religion). So why not just take it at that and think "I respect that you don't believe in aliens, but I see it a different way" (truthfully, I don't agree the way Ausaudriel worded his post in reply to Queen Boo)? Would that have been so hard? But you come in here and go "OMG you're wrong, here's "facts" so there, I'm right." (and really, if given enough time I could shoot evolution full of holes. If you say evolution is the truth then I can show a few things that counters that. But that's another topic). That's why I hate topics like this, people can't just post saying "Well, this is the way I see things" and then leave it at that. Someone just has to come along and reply to one person saying "OMG You're wrong!" and then it snowballs from there.

Oh, and BTW, the universe was created in 6 days, not 7 (God rested on the 7th day, nothing was created on that day). I love the research you do, keep up the good work.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well there is enough proof that aliens do exist but not enough proof that the aliens are intelligent so yeah i believe in aliens but not some that can destroy our worlds with half of their army.Its a big universe and we only found out 10% of the universe so far.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • And I think you're very arrogant to come in here and say "Oh my, you're wrong and I'm right". All Sea_Guardian said is she doesn't believe in aliens because the Bible says nothing about them going around (the base of the Christian religion). So why not just take it at that and think "I respect that you don't believe in aliens, but I see it a different way" (truthfully, I don't agree the way Ausaudriel worded his post in reply to Queen Boo)? Would that have been so hard? But you come in here and go "OMG you're wrong, here's "facts" so there, I'm right." (and really, if given enough time I could shoot evolution full of holes. If you say evolution is the truth then I can show a few things that counters that. But that's another topic). That's why I hate topics like this, people can't just post saying "Well, this is the way I see things" and then leave it at that. Someone just has to come along and reply to one person saying "OMG You're wrong!" and then it snowballs from there.

Oh, and BTW, the universe was created in 6 days, not 7 (God rested on the 7th day, nothing was created on that day). I love the research you do, keep up the good work.

Thank you so much. It's like no one is allowed to think how they want. It must follow "proper" logic. We are "wrong" if we think this way for this reason, that doesn't have "facts" to back it up. Hell, if someone wants to not believe in aliens because "their mommy said it doesn't exist" has every right too, without fear of getting constantly questioned or called ignorant. This is a pure opinions thread. But our opinions aren't good enough now.

Years
  • I don't believe in them. I have religious reasons as to why I don't but that might spark a religious debate, which would go off topic so I'll just leave it at , No I don't think they exist.
    however I do believe in fairies (yay another came back to life) heehee

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I don't believe in "aliens" (like...War of the Worlds-I'm-gunna-eat-you aliens) but I do think that there is some other type of life out there... I mean, if you think about it...it would be kinda scary to think we're the only planet with life out there...and the rest are just...dead. But yea, those fossils on Mars (and the fact that there was once water there) proves that atleast there was bacteria. And that, my friend, is life.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Let me be the first to say.... No, there's no other life out there. This little blue dot is all you got.

Then how come the Universe is so Huge?!(15 billion light years visible.) If the universe is that huge, there must be at least a handful of alien lives there!

"those fossils on Mars (and the fact that there was once water there) proves that atleast there was bacteria"
    Sorry to say this but, fossil bacteria on Mars is still controversial, and I kinda agree Life on some planets can be all microbes. Also in Europa, there's an ocean of water there so there can be life.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Aliens must be real. Because I cannot seem to imagine Michael Jackson as being from this world. XD

Seriously though, there is no question as to whether aliens exist. We are just a small spec in the corner of the universe. There is like a one in a google chance that we are the only living things out there, let alone the only intelligent beings.

The real question is if aliens have ever visited Earth. And to answer that I don't really know but I think it's possible. There are too many alien abductions to rule it out, heh. The fact that the same things have happened to people of various backgrounds and nationalities kinds of proves it.

And to answer the question why they are hiding themselves, I think that they may be a little scared of us, or else they think we are crazy. After years of watching our television and movies, I wouldn't be surprised to hear some aliens have taken something like The Colbert Report or Days of Our Lives, or even Star Trek or Stargate, at face value.

Not to mention our history. Humans have a history of cruelty against people with different skin colours, origins, and/or beliefs. So alien species ought to be scared of what humanity might do if their existence was ever confirmed.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • Scientists have NOT found ALL of the planets yet and probably never will for a long time. There's bound to be a whole new world on some planet not yet discovered.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Scientists have only mapped a fraction of the entire universe, its just ignorant to say that we've found most of them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I believe there are "Beings" on another world
    Think of it This way:

Over 4 Billion stars
    About 50% of them Have their own Planetary Systems of 3 or more planets
    At least 1 of those 6 Billion planets must have liquid water
    Where there is liquid water, there is most likely to be life.

For all we know, there could be advanced civilizations beyond even our times, even watching us right now.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Currently, I have no opinion. Right now, I'm skeptic, but I'd never say it's not possible. The universe is just too freakishly huge to ever say definitively that there is no other life.

However, if there really is no other life, and we are alone in the galaxy, the rest of the universe can be explained as a dang good light show put there for our enjoyment.

Vegeta575747

Call Me Noob And I'll PwN YoU
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2008
    I don't want to believe in it but I must say, it's very possible

Lo-chan

Seme Dara will get you :o
    Years
  • I don't beilieve there are aliens that come out of no where in ufo's xD But I do beilieve that there is life on another planet. Thats pretty small thinking if you think that Earth is the only planet with life :x

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I believe that there is more life other than everyone that lives on this planet. It is hard to believe that out of all the other galaxies and all the other planets that there isn't something else out there.

Back