• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in friends forever?

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    I waz wondering if you believe in friends forever?

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Well, yes. I believe because I trust and love my friends and so they are. It depends on good relationships. Sometimes, friends can be your worst enemy.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I have met many people that I thought I'd be friends with forever, but I've been wrong each time. People move on with their lives, start hanging out with different people and such. I really don't expect o find a life long friend until I get to college.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Extremely skilled or genius people have a hard time to finding equals, so it is not strange for them to know the same people all their lives if they've actually managed to find a few equals to be their friends. For them, friends forever is an obvious fact.

Common people, however, don't share this trait, they have plenty of equals, move on, change and forgot people they use to know.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I have met many people that I thought I'd be friends with forever, but I've been wrong each time. People move on with their lives, start hanging out with different people and such. I really don't expect o find a life long friend until I get to college.

Totally agree.

I met my best friend in 6th grade while on a field trip. I was playing my Pokemon Crystal on the bus, and the rest was awesomeness. After 9th grade, her and I went to different high schools. She didn't want to go into IB with me, but chose her neighborhood school instead. I was fine with that, but we promised to remain "best friends forever." We promised to keep in touch via phone, email, and possibly wifi in the future. We promised to go off everywhere together during the summer and weekends. We promised to never ever ever let boys get in the way of our friendship.

At the end of 9th grade, she had a boyfriend. And I'm all like.. wtf. She was never the type of girl to like boys. She was annoyed by boys, and was a total tomboy (wore Florida Gators jacket almost everyday) and a nerd (pokenerd lol). She was appalled when I got my ears pierced, carried a purse to school, and even wore pink for a day. She wasn't into girly things. I can't believe how much she has changed. Little Kimmy, all kissy kissy? It didn't make sense to me at the time. We haven't talked since 10 months ago and even for that time, it was a brief IM. She always had her boyfriend over, and she went to the movies with him instead of me.

Now, I've changed as well but I was jealous and grief-stricken due to this. It's hard for me to find a "best friend" anywhere now. I tried to get over her, but my first friend in high school had transferred to another school mid year. Now, I remain distant from any classmates. To this day, I'll only call her my best friend, I'll trust her completely, and I'll always back her up, but there's something.. Missing in life now. If you attach your heart too tightly to someone, the scars are deeper when you are ripped apart..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh yes, thank you for asking. lololol

Yeah I believe in that, but just childhood friends are harder to keep. I'll always have Malyka and Jess though. :D

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I believe that you can have friends that you love and trust...It takes a few tries to weed out the pretenders but once you have you're left with the people who you can qualify as "best" friends. Does that mean forever? Well, I'd say friends for a lifetime at least =P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    A friend may happen to be able to last the term of one's life, but no, there are just too many possible circumstances out of both parties' control.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    Well, one of my friends who I am friends with now I have known and been friends with for about 13/14 years and I guess we'll be friends through thick and thin! It's even easier to keep friends this day and age thanks to social networking sites!

However another person who I was practically best friends with 10 years ago- now pretty much avoids me for no reason at all! I guess it can go either way really...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No, someone will move away or have other interests, and slowly you'll start to never see them.

I've seen it a hundred times before.

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
    I definitely believe Friends are forever... because during my 6th grade, I found my trusted friend, but somehow, when we went to high school, we got separated... I told her during graduation, " We're best friends forever no matter what right...? " and she said yes. And I gave her a remembrance during that day, and we promised to be in touch through cell phone, and we even promised to meet on the park, for some reason... she forgot about it. When I'm already on 7th grade, I keep on wondering if what she was doing, what she was like, I wonder if she still remembers me and so on. Now I reached 9th grade, we met during the Municipal Meet. I couldn't believe what I saw in my eyes... the friend I knew was plain simple, but when I saw her, I was completely shocked, her hair dyed, very sassy, and she even have a boy friend. It wasn't pleasing when I saw her... but I never thought that, when she turned around and saw me, she smiles and ran towards me and grabbed my hand and said " I miss you! " and she showed me the remembrance I gave her.

I was pretty touched at that moment, we where still friends, no, best friends!

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Not really, unless there's some way to really be able to meet them face-to-face on a regular basis. If a friend moves away, I always end up gradually losing contact with them.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    No. It's idealistic and I completely don't. People change. I've lost a few best friends over time.

Years
    The only person I know I'm going to be friends forever with is my best friend. We're like sisters. We're basically exactly the same except for looks. Same facial expression. Personality. Thoughts. It's weird. We've been friends for three years and never fought once. She's the only person I trust.

Sadly, I'll forget about my other friends in a few years. I love them with all my heart but I doubt I'd see them after high school.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I had a best friend I knew for about 3 years. We would go everywhere together and do everything together. We had the same interests and would sleep over at each others house every Friday and Saturday (we would take turns.)

Sadly, he moved to his home country of Germany. I talked to him about every other day via phone but we just lost touch. Haven't talked to him in 3 years.

My new best friend got a girlfriend about a month again also. I haven't talked to him since. I have talked to his younger brother on Xbox live more than I have talked to him. I really hate him for letting his girlfriend get in the way of our friendship.

So no, I don't believe in friends forever. Something will always come up. Period.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Yes, I do believe in friends forever, because if you meet someone you respect and trust so much, you'll be friends through all the tough times and troubles, and will overcome all the bad situations you'll come by in the future.

My mother has had a friend for over thirty years or so, and I'd count that as friends forever.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I'd like to believe so but milkshakes melt and people change,and that's just the truth. :<
    A friend may happen to be able to last the term of one's life, but no, there are just too many possible circumstances out of both parties' control.
    ^agreed.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Yes I do, if you have a friend and you fit together perfectly then your a mach made in heaven and will be BFL;)

Back