• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in KARMA?

Sheruda Kachinuki

Go and escape(^^)
    Years
    A simple question, yet needs some answers, right?
    What is KARMA anyway? ok here is the definition according to Wikipedia...
    Karma( कर्म) is the philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.

Note: It is up to you if YOU believe or not regarding the reincarnation

So, you want a simple definition, okay...
    KARMA- ''what goes around comes around, and what goeas up must come down''

Last edited:

Counterfeit

Rely on me to let you down.
    Years
    Note: reincarnation is NOT TRUE.
    That's your opinion not fact, don't force your beliefs on us matey. >_>

I don't really believe in Karma, but sometimes when something bad happens to me I wonder. xD

Kind of like how I don't beleive in God, but sometimes still wonder about whether I'm going to hell. :p

Years
    I don't really believe in Karma, but sometimes when something bad happens to me I wonder. xD

Totally ^

At least I have an excuse as to why it happened. Usually I'm like, "Kay, c'mon... why is this happening to me ;_;?", but when a little thought is inserted into the situation, I can usually come up with a good reason for it (Usually a not so favorable act I've recently commited).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Firstly, this isn't a simple question as it's regarding religious beliefs. Therefore, you aren't going to get any answers unless they are opinion-based.

But to answer your question, no. I don't believe in "KARMA". I do, however, believe in events that could occur (though rarely do) that suggest that karma occurs. However, I don't see people who kill innocent people having karma catch up to them. Therefore, I do believe in justice. As justice is what majorly occurs to get someone back. Be it a murderer, kidnapper, school bully, etc. Though, some people may believe that that justice that comes to them is the karma, but that depends on how you look at it and I'm not one to argue about one's beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:

devilicious

dream
    Years
    GARASUDAMA HITOTSU OTOSARET-
    Oh, no that Karma.
    </durr weeaboo>

Anyway, no, I don't really believe in Karma but I don't really not believe... it's like, one of those things I'd rather not care about.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Note: reincarnation is NOT TRUE.

Excuse me, you don't know that. It's a belief, and no belief has proof of being true or false. So don't force your belief upon me >__>.

Anyways. yes. I believe in karma. I believe there is the good karma when you do good, you will receive good, and the same for bad. It's a good thought too when people are horrible to you. :3

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Exactly what I thought. It is not your place to critisize other people's beliefs in this way. If you believe that reincarnation is not true, then please say "I believe that reincarnation is not true". That is potentially offencive, and you shouldn't be trying to force your beliefs.

I'm not sure if I believe in it. I am an Athiest, so all religious topics are kind of iffy for me. I was brought up to believe that science has the answers.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Nope...I don't believe in Karma at all. I believe that some people mistake Karma for their actions catching up to them. The more bad deeds you commit, the chances of them having a negative impact on your life become greater simply by means of probability. As for a mystical force keeping checks on all the good and bad things people do...I find it hard to believe, but that's just me. I'm a pretty logical guy =P

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I can't say I believe in the pure definition of karma, but I believe in people getting what's coming to them for sure.

And keep your beliefs to yourself...reincarnation is entirely possible; but it's religious, so let's stay away from that area.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years

Kind of like how I don't beleive in God, but sometimes still wonder about whether I'm going to hell. :p

That pretty much sums up my answer exactly. I know that Karma doesn't exist, its just that sometimes I think about things as if they happened because I did something totally unrelated. I know nothing supernatural is the cause of anything that happens in the world, but it certainly seems that way, or at least my mind tricks me into seeing it that way, sometimes.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Yes, I do in fact believe in karma, because usually whenever I attack someone in an argument, I always get annoyed, or someone attacks me physically.

Sheruda Kachinuki

Go and escape(^^)
    Years
    Wait, regarding the reincarnation, I AM NOT FORCING ANYONE TO BELIEVE ME OR NOT. To make it clear, I'M JUST WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINION OR YOUR COMMENTS.
    I hope you understand.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
    I too believe in KARMA. I know there are people that get away by doing bad things while honest always suffer. But after death bad goes to hell while good enjoys heaven. Some times you get bad things even after doing something good. But you would surely get some nice if you would be patient.

Years
    I believe in karma. I mean, it kinda makes sense in some situations. o___o;
    Like, say you told off someone at school, and in the theory of karma, something bad would happen for that misdeed. Well, of course something bad would happen because that person would go out of their way to make your life a living hell, right? So, if you look at some aspects in life, you can always find some form of karma in it. So why wouldn't you believe in it?

Years
    Yes I believe in Karma! I already experimented it a lot of times :( some of them for good but most of the time for the bad :(

Back