• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in life after love?

Years
    Well this happened to me a few weeks ago. Umm...it sucks...at the moment, I just feel like sh*t to be honest with you. I feel like I don't want anyone else, I don't want to do much of anything, I'm not in the mood to draw and I'm falling down teh grade ladder in Uni. It's not good. At the moment I would say no, because this is how I feel...wheather it will get better I don't know because i still love him and stupid enough he still loves me and wants to get back together when he's READY...

Hmm...

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    I definitely believe

About 3 years ago I had a really bad break-up with my boyfriend at the time (whom I was with for 2 years or so). It ended with heart break for the both of us, foul play, cheating and we never spoke ever again ...unless you count his hate e-mails resulting in a lot of gloomy I-hate-myself and I-hate-him days

But life goes. It feels like you're at rock-bottom when a bad break-up happens (even if it was you who decided to drump your bf/gf), but time heals any wound and soon enough you'll find someone else

But about 6 months ago I broke up with my most recent boyfriend whom I dated for almost 3 years, and... we're still best friends. He and I still hang out, even though it's not romantically anymore. I loved him as a boyfriend, but now I just love him as a friend

So it's definitely possible

I find the best way to move on is to not focus your has-been love on thoughts of past time and reminiscing, but to find someone else worthy of it instead :3

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Over time, I believe that you will get over it and you will feel more collected to start life again after a bad breakup.

I've never been in that kind of relationship which ended in such a manner. However, I do believe in life after love since, like mentioned above, time heals all wounds. It will change who you are though, no doubt about it.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Yeah, I do. You'll eventually meet someone else who makes you happy, it's not like there is only one person out there for you out of millions and billions. You'll eventually get over it, find someone else and repeat the process.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I suppose it's in the eyes of the beholder, but I would say such expressly. Whether one wants to move on or not is a matter of how susceptible they are to taking rein upon their emotions autonomously and how strong one may be in that facet. But I think everyone moves on eventually and to ebb and flow is a nature of life, in my opinion. We form attachments, wade and immerse in them wistfully, then move on in our ever evolution of sorts one way to another as we disconnect and reconnect in both consciousness and subconsciousness. And as much as we love, we do, one way to another, hurt the ones we love. Rather, hurting is inherent in sociological demeanor and inherent in all things that cling to life. We attack one another to prove superiority in some way, then repeat a cycle that gives allowance for no breath of fresh air, no matter how sympathetic and pandering we may be. Some call it everyday living. A select few look beyond it. Others would rather nonchalantly brush it off and cling to the simplicity, especially in a world where convenience is at the touch of a button. Which is ironic because with no offense, in that way we leech off of the free thinkers that have given us just that.

But that escalates into many a notion. At length, I would rather chalk it all down to one's will and how that is their greatest weapon, because one can be as scathing as they can be loving with it and it exceeds the parameters of any material good, in my honest opinion. Can there be life after unrequited love (two words that don't mesh well by my view, as I don't think love is a selective thing, or that it caters to any one denominator)? I feel that way. Is that ultimately up to will? I think so.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    Obviously, life is never the same after you get out of a serious relationship. As painful as it is though, I believe that there is always life after love and there is always room to start over. You'll eventually find someone that you'll be with for the rest of your life, and what comes from break-ups are lessons. Everything happens for a reason, after all.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yes I do. Love is infinite. If that is true, it never depletes, thus, if a relation ends, there is still love left somewhere in the world, always.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Yes, I believe in life after love.

Even if it hurts, you will have to move on eventually.

~Mooshykris

Back