• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in Santa Claus?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    xD Funny Stuff
    Nar I found out ages ago when I went out to look at the presents and found my parents putting them under the tree, I was like 'Hey! Where's Santa!'

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I believe in him in the sense of Christmas spirit. Deep down we all need a Santa to believe in. And as far as I'm concerned, if we're all celebrating the birth of a fictional Jewish zombie, we might as well follow a fat man who can fit down chimneys.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Woa... no need to be mean, man.

I wan't being mean. I actually laughed super hard at that post since it brought supreme Irony to this thread .

Now you're being mean at my Irony Intolerance. |:<

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Funnily enough it was Coca Cola who designed the 'traditional' santa we know today. He wasn't fat originally and he wore green. It was in the 30s that a Coca-Cola advertisement brought to life the current red fella.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've never really believed in Santa, the whole thing is sort of ruined when your father used to work as the mall Santa, really.

Years
    I used to believe in Santa when I was a kid, but not anymore. For the main greedy reason of this: I'd almost never get what I wanted for Christmas.

And besides, one year when I was young my dad tried to dress up as Santa and bring this big sack of presents inside the house, and I could just tell at once that it was him. And that beard wasn't convincing at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I stopped believing when I was 8. It's not like someone told me or anything, but eventually all the evidence added up to the truth. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    I believe Santa was once a fat man who lived in Turkey who gave out gifts around the town :o Other than that, heck no. I'd be a fool to believe in Santa Claud. But I believe in someone giving me gifts on Christmas :D Free gifts are someone everyone should believe in.

----------------
    Listening to: Talib Kweli - Eat to Live
    via FoxyTunes

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Stfu all of you. Santa who is real.

Who else ricks becoming morbidly obese with all the beer and cookies?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I believe in Santa's better brother, Fred. (Oh gods. I want to see that movie so badly. ;o; )

My mother just kind of killed the spirit of Christmas for me when I was a young child. Starting in September, if I ran up to her with a toy that I really wanted, she would put it in the cart and loudly proclaim for me to forget all about it. It didn't take me all that long to realize what was going on.

Now Santa's just kind of a dead topic for me. There's just no reason for me to talk about him.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I believe that there's a little Santa in all of us.
    Well, that explains the voices.

Frankly, I feel like this would be a good time to say something that I usually don't say out loud for fear of being stoned: I don't even like Santa Claus. *dodges stones.*

To be honest, Santa has always represented to me what I find wrong with the modern celebration of Christmas: materialism and stress. I think all of the hubbub about Christmas everywhere you look once November starts just cheapens the whole thing. I think Christmas has lost a lot of its innocence, the fragile and warm feeling you get by having a nice, quiet evening with your family.

(I swear, I make this anti-secular Christmas speech earlier every year...)

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I believe in Santa Claus. Just except on floating deers and the thing that he rides on it. There's too many Santa here, on the mall, in the house, in the school or in the chimney.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Physically, Santa does not exist for me in the least bit. I was always one of the children that firmly believed in Santa Claus, up until third grade. It was early October andwe were talking about Santa during our snack time, when this kid Marcus just flat out said he wasn't real. At that point, our class got into a screaming match. I lead the seventeen believers, while Marcus lead the six non-believers. We kept going back and forth at it, until I just asked my teacher. She replied, without looking at me may I add, "Only if you believe." I knew she was hiding something. I went home and told my mother that I was losing faith in Santa. After many attempts to keep me Santa-filled for one more year, my mother finally admitted his non-existance. After that, I became a snooper and my Christmas sucked for a good two-three years.

Emotionally and spiritually, though, Santa is as real as you and me. He's a part of our culture and childhood. He represents so much of our innocence and dreams. When I'd put cookies out for him even after I found out he was fake made him seem real again. My mom still today signs his name on the presents, and it puts a little magic into Christmas. And Santa does still live on through the children, as he will for generations to come. =]

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    Well, Santa is based on a person who existed in real life about a century ago or so...(not sure exactly) called Saint Nicholas who used to give out gold into children's socks! So in a sense he is REAL!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, I never really believed. It's sort of hard to when you watch your parents put your present under the tree from upstairs when you're meant to be asleep.

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
    Years
    I really never believed in him, even when I was little. I only said I believed in him to get presents. ^^;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No. One year, Mom returned a gift from "Santa" to the local Lowe's. Happened around sixth grade. Then the next year, our math teacher read a piece on how the existence of Santa Claus is impossible due to mathematics and the laws of physics.

Oh yeah, Santa never delivered that heaping pile of money and that Lincoln Town Car I kept asking for.

Back