• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in the death penalty?

Do you agree or disagree with the death penalty?

• I support the death penalty

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • I do not support the death penalty.

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I believe in it to an extent but like most things it has it's downsides.

I believe it's fair if you take a life you should lose your own. Some might argue that they wouldn't learn their lesson, as good a point as that is I just think it should work that way.
    Then again it people should only be executed after a long trial and ensuring that all the evidence is checked thoroughly to prevent an innocent person being convicted wrongly and being put to death for crimes they didn't commit.

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
    I really don't know whether I support or not. I mean there are logical arguments from BOTH sides. Coin toss anyone? JKJK.

But really, I support considering, if a relative gets killed, I think I would swear vengeance and then campaign vigourously in order to get him executed. But, then, I could have just ruined a chance at getting the killer back to normal. Thats the problem it's a CHANCE, life just has too many variables to make a good decision and I think I would just take the chance that he is never going to be normal and kill him. I would rather kill someone who only did the crime once than take the risk that he will break out of prison and kill more.

Just my two cents and feel free to contradict, and yes, I am being a little hypocritical

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Since I like the eye for an eye saying, and I don't ever think there will be a completely successful way of execution, I'm against it.
    There is also the chance that the person being executed can very well be innocent, and you can't revive someone. It's also more expensive to have court cases involve the death penalty than to just throw them in prison for life.

Yes. They need to be taught a lesson, or obviously they won't learn not to kill people.

I thought that's what prison was for :/

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    When the saying, "an eye for an eye" was made, I don't think it was supposed to include death. I do support the Death Penalty, by all means, but not because there's no room in jail. That's just stupid. Because there's no room in jail, you're just going to stick someone on a chair and fry them to death when they didn't commit that serious of a crime? If you murder someone, you're left with that hanging over your head. Really, I think they're going to kill themselves emotionally without anyone needing to do something. Unless they're psycopaths, but like Went said, you don't come across a lot of them IRL. If it was an intentional murder, then by all means I believe they should suffer for that. However, people murder others accidentally. Do you think they should be put on the chair or hanged? It's still murder, but it wasn't intentional. Someone answer me that.

Also, I don't like this whole "it costs more to..." Why? Because that's like putting money on someone elses life.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Only in certain cases.

There are some criminals that just cannot be rehabilitated, and those are the ones who require the death penalty. Those who can change probably will after spending a good portion of their life locked away.

Back