• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe in the supernatural?

Do you believe in monsters?

• Yes, definately!

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Nope...

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lash

Years
    I beleive because I experienced it. I barely believed any of this up until I tried a Ouija board with friends. None of us were moving it, the thing was moving by itself. After that, we went to a beaten down house, that one of my friends parents use to live in. From there it only got more creepy and stuff.

After we walked out, we saw a ghost staring at us from about 15 feet away. Nothing was touching the ground below it, it was white, had aura floating around its body and stuff like that, it was a ghost.

As for monsters, yes I do still believe. Haha, I'm 15 and still believe in monsters. Never seen one, but I know they are out there somewhere, hopefully XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I beleive because I experienced it. I barely believed any of this up until I tried a Ouija board with friends. None of us were moving it, the thing was moving by itself. After that, we went to a beaten down house, that one of my friends parents use to live in. From there it only got more creepy and stuff.

After we walked out, we saw a ghost staring at us from about 15 feet away. Nothing was touching the ground below it, it was white, had aura floating around its body and stuff like that, it was a ghost.

A Ouija board is caused by Ideomotor motion and has been determined by the scientific community to have no supernatural abilities whatsoever.

It works by the body creating unconcious movements to appeal, yet unaware to the users mental imput. That's why it only occurred after you waited a long period of time. After getting bored and assuming that nothing would happen, by someone who wanted 'something to happen', their muscles in their fingers began to cause the movement.
    The first question when using a Ouija Board is "Is there a ghost in the room?", which it will either say 'Yes' or not respond. A unconcious movement in the direction of 'Y' or 'Yes' will cause all the users on it to move to the following letters. Another example is say a house was supposedly haunted by 'Jane', the users will know this and unconcious movements will produce this name- this has been used as a method of debunking a Ouija board by providing the name of a non-existant ghost and finding that it's name is spelt out using Ideomotor action.

The fact that the board appeared to worked (as it usually does) - since it's a psychological feat as opposed to ghosts, simply put you into a more receptive and freaked out state of mind. During times like this, anything can be interpretted as a ghost.

An example of this include a study when a normal house was said to be very haunted and a volunteer spent a night in it. Within hours he claimed that he had seen countless ghoulies and left, despite the building in reality being known as completely unhaunted as a part of a scientific experiment.
    A 'psychics' self moving pendulum is another example of the Ideomotor effect.

I'm a skeptic on a lot of things unless I have proof. Ghosts, I strongly believe in, too many experiences with stuff that can't be explained to not believe that there is something there
    Being a self proclaimed skeptic and believing in Ghosts is contradictory. There is no valid evidence to proove their existence, many reasons why they wouldn't exist and multiple scientific & psychological facts to easily debunk people's experiences with them.

Last edited:

Kairu

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Well, I know what science can debunk and what it can't, especially in a room full of witnesses.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Well, I know what science can debunk and what it can't, especially in a room full of witnesses.

Even a roomful of witnesses can be tricked. Derren Brown's Séance [linkage!] is regarded by many skeptics as an excellent example of how suggestion and psychology can convince a large number into the existance of ghosts.
    If you haven't seen it, in short Derren (a paranormal skeptic) brought many people to a hall where 12 had supposedly killed themselves. By employing tactics used by mediums and spiritualists and using ouija boards and other methods of communicating, the students made contact with 'Jane'.
    In reality the suicide pact never occurred and Jane was shown at the end of the programme. But it demonstrated how unreliable the evidence is for ghosts- especially when witness reports can be explained scientifically or psychologically.

Besides if there WAS enough evidence that prove the existance of ghosts, why is it still considered 'paranormal'? (as opposed to scientifically normal) and even in this millenia not taken seriously?
    Also billions of people have passed away- so what makes a ghost? Why are they so hard to see? How do people become a ghost?
    Considering the counter arguments and the lack of reliability from evidence, eye-witness reports account to nothing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2008
    I believe in Supernatural. Chupacabra, Aliens, Ghosts, You name it! I believe in it all. ;0 Heck sometimes I even hide under my bed when I read a spooky story like Bloody Mary!

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    I believe in foresight.
    We got twice in the foresight woman, and all that she said came true. :S

Ghost, one appeared to me and my friends. It was far, but my mobile has a lot of zoom and I took the picture. I was really afraid. We ran the hell out of there!

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Yeeessssss. :>

I have my own reasons for believing in supernatural beings, such as ghosts and cryptozoological animals. I try to be as logical as possible, however. I won't run screaming from a room thinking a monster is in the closet, but I believe a great deal of ghost accounts, and I think there is most absolutely room for the odd crypto-animal here and there.

It's just so much fun to read about them, get chills, and think "Hey, maybe this does wander the streets during the nighttime. If I peek out the window, what am I going to see?" or "OOOH~ WHAT WAS THAT NOIIISE~"

kickerbox

How's my driving?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    i only believe some of the mexican ones, but others i dont. the one i wish i believed was aliens

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I don't believe in the supernatural, just because they can't be so elusive that no one's ever proven to have experienced some type of occurence. And if there's big sea monsters and abominable snowmen, then why aren't there flying bunnies or some super guinea pigs who eat sunlight out there? There would be some small, unthreatening thing somewhere. But even though I don't believe in mythical creatures one bit, I still think about the yeti lurking in the woods when I'm alone, and it really scares me.

As for psychic powers and such, I'm not sure what to believe. This goes down to religion for me, as Jesus appeared to have 'special powers.' But I strongly believe Jesus was just as average and normal as you and me, but he had a deep understanding of things. But even with the right intentions and a flawless understanding of the right subjects, I doubt I would be able to heal the sick and raise myself from the dead.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    well i believe in some stuff like ghosts,bigfoot,"nessie" and aliens but there are some stuff like angels/devils that i think are fake.thets because-sorry i'm not going to put religion into it-.I believe in ghosts because i hear weird squeaking noises in my house and i think one time i looked in the mirror and saw an old man passing throught the hallway of my house.
    aliens-well there is a lot of people who say they have seen them but most of them are hoaxes.but i am wondering about the people who aren't lying.
    Nessie and bigfoot-well i think it is possible for a plesiosaur to live but i doubt it sometimes because there would have been more plesiosaurs before they all died out.
    bigfoot is a big hairy ape in my opinion but if he can walk upright and stay away from humans all these times then i believe he is humanly intelligent.
    but there are some myths like the new jersy devils and mothmen are fakes even though many people have spotted them.
    stuff like dragons i believe they used to exist, but they probably bit the dust along w/ dinosaurs.I think i would have noticed a giant, green, flying dinosaur carrying a cow in the sky by now.
    Even though some are conspiracies and some may be just the bad flooring and hallucinations, a couple of them are real.

EDIT:I sometimes believe in stuff like possessions because i saw a video of a walking garden gnome on yahoo.
    but then again the garden gnome could have just been a prank or robot.

Back