• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you belive in love or, what is love?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The title says it all!

Or maybe love at first sight?

I'm not too sure :\ Theres this girl in my school who im pretty good friends with and i really like her (im not sure if i can call it love but its not much of attaction, its not like I get boners over her ^^".) another problem is though we are really good friends I annoy her shouting "eerrr" which results in her hitting me somtimes(she knows im joking) and sometimes I do it a bit too much just to get closer to her... but im afriad if i tell her i like her she will think i've been perving on her all this time :\

So what do you guys think? Ever "loved" anyone?
    Do you belive in love?
    What do you think is love?
    Do you belive in love at first sight?

Years
  • Do you belive in love?

I would worry rather a lot about someone who didn't believe in love in any way, shape or form. That would have to be one fractured psyche. Love at first sight, however, is another thing altogether.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I would worry rather a lot about someone who didn't believe in love in any way, shape or form. That would have to be one fractured psyche. Love at first sight, however, is another thing altogether.
    Oo, I really like how you put that. Because it's very true.
    I believe in love. Possibly love at first sight.
    I'm in love :3

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Love, like hate, is a very powerful word to use. Love can do alot of things, and there are as well many forms of emotions that *fake* love, an example of this would be infatuation, or lust. Im not claiming i know love, but what i do know, is what the consequences are for throwing that word around...

What is love? I don't think anybody really knows. Love can most be described and related to with family. The bond you share with your parents, best friends, close relatives...that whenever you fight or as much as you hate one another at some time, you'll get along later. They're the people you can most definately go to for anything, for whatever problem, and you can talk to them and be open with them. Before even LOVING THEM, you will become the bestest of friends, understanding and enjoying each others hobbies and interests.The feeling you get when you do these things, can most likely be described as acts of love, or even care for one another.

The thing with the word *love* is that it's thrown around ALOT nowadays, so it has alot of misconceptions. However, the morals of it remain the same.
    If you ever decide that at a young age, you meet someone and like them so much they're just like *hey i love you lets get married when were older* and you get really excited over hearing that, then it's not love, that's infatuation. And the really harsh factor with that is that the relationship usually ends up with but loads of drama, beleive me i would know...

Somebody once told me that when you see or meet someone that you just have this aching feeling in your body that it's the one, then it's the one. My dad told me that, and thats actually how he met my mom, he saw her, and said he just knew from the feeling he got. My mom actually WAS dating another guy by the time they were together, so it kind of makes me beleive it even more.

So basically, just wait for the oppurtunity to arise. It will most likely be there...it may not be tomorow, it may not be next month, or year, but it will, and that's what i beleive at least...

Years
  • So what do you guys think? Ever "loved" anyone?
    Yes I am currently in love with someone.
    What i think is love is quite weird because my idea of it changed alot in the last few months i did say the word alot but now after being in a long relationship i know what i believe it is now :> explaining my emotion is quite difficult.
    I dont actually believe in love at first site i think you can fancie and have a crush on them at first but not till you actually get to know them you can "love them"

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    love can consist of anything like loving your family, friends, girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife, food, any hobbies you have. I think love is something that can happen quiet often in life.
    Do you belive in love?
    yes and no
    love is um well emotions or feelings for another person or thing that is then shared
    no not really

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • The kind of "love" I most believe in is the "love" you feel for blood relations. I have yet to actually experience "love" for another person, outside of family love. I have had quite a few crushs though. The one I decided to go for though, didn't exactly go too well.

Years
  • Yes,I believe in love.I am in love now.When I was in 1st class there was a boy who I really loved and he loved me too(he told me),but now he is all talking bad words,being mean to people and everything like that.Now he has lots of girls who like him,but I dont know why but I still love him.He was the first who I actually love from all my life.I love him for 6 years.I dont want to love him!!Can anybody help me?

Somebody once told me that when you see or meet someone that you just have this aching feeling in your body that it's the one, then it's the one.

I got that felling when i met that boy I still love.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Love differs. Love can hurt, love can heal, love can interrupt, love can guide, love can cause regret, love can cause joy. So many things, but to me, love can cause blindness. Love has blinded me before, but... It was nice being blinded by love. In saying that, who knows what love truly feels, as it affects people differently.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Yes,I believe in love.I am in love now.When I was in 1st class there was a boy who I really loved and he loved me too(he told me),but now he is all talking bad words,being mean to people and everything like that.Now he has lots of girls who like him,but I dont know why but I still love him.He was the first who I actually love from all my life.I love him for 6 years.I dont want to love him!!Can anybody help me?

That isn't love, that is infatuation.

I believe in love after a fashion. I believe in the love between members of a family, though of course those feelings of attachment are programmed by our brain before we even meet them. I'm not so sure about the sort of love that the rest of you are referring to, but I guess infatuation that strong can exist, I just haven't experienced it.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Yeah I believe in love, and true love.
    There is always going to be someone a person gets along with better than anyone in the world, but the idea of a soulmate and that everybody finds theirs is ridiculous.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Love is when the Titanic is sinking, and you and your boyfriend are cast out into the open ocean together. The two of you cling desperately to a piece of wreckage to try and survive, but then the cold sets in and it becomes apparent that the wreckage will only support one of you. Your lover sacrifices himself to the waves to give you a chance. That is love, by defintion.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So what do you guys think? Ever "loved" anyone? I have and do.

Do you belive in love? Yes.

What do you think is love? A verb, a noun. Something with a lot of meaning and no true definition.

Do you belive in love at first sight? No. This isn't the Renaissance.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I saw a thread like this somewhere...

Ever "loved" anyone?
    Yes, I do right now, and I always will

Do you belive in love?
    No duh. >_>

A mix of Obsession, caring, and other feelings

Nope, not true love anyways. Lust, yes, though.

Uke

Was .little monster
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    No. Ne.

Do you believe in love?
    Yes. Jes.

When you will do anything for someone, and could never hurt them.
    Kiam vi faros cxiom por iu, kaj ne povas dolorigi lim.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
    No. Ne.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Well, I can't feel some emotions. The kind of love you state, I never felt it, and can never feel it nor understand it fully.

Do you believe in love?
    I haven't felt it, but I can somewhat imitate it in writings. If I can do that, then it exists, and I'm not writing some feeling that I made up.

Love is lust. That's all there is to do with it. If you are able to become good friends with them during your lusting, then you have something stronger, at least. Best description? No. I'm probably saying things unrelated to this, but I do not understand it completely.

No. To get 'love', you have to work at it. I believe in lust at first sight, but true love, is something that I have no way to explain. I don't understand it, so I can't say it. Unfortunate, but unavoidable.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years

Hm. Love. This is very complex, as you can think you love someone, but you actually have only strong feelings for them. I myself do not think that I love anyone outside my family =P, but I do have very strong feelings for someone. ;)

Do you believe in love?
    Of course. Love is very possible, just...hard to acquire, if I may. I believe that if someone reaches a click in a person, they are in love. Very hard to explain XD

Love is...hard to explain. Love is the rush of mixed emotions you feel for people. As Dr. Seuss puts it, "You know your in love when reality becomes better than your dreams." Very well put, I might add.

No. You may think you love someone at first sight, but you are not. You are simply attracted to them. Like bees to nectar. You need to work your way to the person's heart and soul, you cannot simply love them. As I said, love is very complex.

These are VERY interesting questions. I like them. =)

Zet

Years
    Yes

Do you belive in love?
    Yes

Hard to say. Too many definitions, not enough true definitions.

Yes I do.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I saw love, and ran straight here, dying to throw my opinion in.

Yes, besides my best friends, I've in what is my own definition of the word, two people.

Do you believe in love?
    Always will, now and forever ♥.

The person you long to be with, spend each and every day. The one you smile every time you see. The person who makes you a better person in turn.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
    At times, yes. But I believe that you may be attracted to someone, but you won't know it's love at first sight without knowing their personality.

Back