• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you belive in love or, what is love?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • So what do you guys think? Ever "loved" anyone?
    I have loved, but as of yet, have never been in love.

Do you belive in love?
    To a degree, yes. But I can live with it or without it, although I will probably revoke that when I eventually do fall in love. ;)

What do you think is love?
    I believe that love is a word we tag on to our primitive lust in order to create a little thing called "romance". I also believe that people fall in live due to chemical reactions that attract us specifically to others with corresponding reactions taking place within their bodies, or something like that.

Do you belive in love at first sight?
    Of course not. Love develops over time. The thing you get at first sight is a lust for the surface appearance of the target. True love is based on how two people fit together and work as a pair, both mentally and physically. 'First sight' is just lust. Nothing more.

And while on this thread, should anyone mention the word "soulmate", I will beat them to within an inch of their lives, and then use that remaining inch in explaining why the concept of a soulmate is so flawed. You have been warned.

Cebalrai

Your Burmy Buddy!
    Years

Soulmaaaate~

And to answer the questions: Sorta. Yes. It's great! And that's just your boner talking.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years

Soulmaaaate~

You asked for it. (As soon as I saw that you had posted, I knew that you would ask for it... :D)

Think about the world. The whole world, and how many people are on that world.

As of this very day, there are 6,805,900,000 walking the face of our planet.

Imagine every single one of them. Now think; if there was one person on this world specifically designed for you, would you be able to find them in a crowd of 6,805,900,000 people?

I think not.

And even if, from those 6,805,900,000 people on earth, you thought you had found your soulmate, do you really think that that one person, out of 6,805,900,000 is going to be found in your workplace/hometown/country? Out of 6,805,900,000, you really think you've found the single person specifically designed for you?

Well, that'd be a mighty fine coincidence. Please, send me some form of proof. And then, perhaps then, I shall believe.

And resume normal conversation. :D

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    So what do you guys think? Ever "loved" anyone?
    I do believe in love, and I think it happens more than some people are willing to admit. I love my family, friends and hobbies.

Do you believe in love?
    Of course.

Love is a feeling of immense affection.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
    Not at all. I believe in lust at first sight, but that's about as far as it goes. Love is something that takes time to build, and I don't think you can love something unless you know it.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    Other than family, I don't think so. I do, however, think I do when I get the feeling I would do anything for some girls, but I think that's just the kind of person I am.
    Do you believe in love?
    Of course, who wouldn't? At most you could only say you haven't experienced it yet.
    Caring for someone so much there would be hell for anyone who made them cry, willing to do anything for them (Morally), and being able to trust them and care for them.
    No, I believe you can think you love someone but I believe that once you hear someone's attitude and if it's a turn off in the end they actually look less appealing you you.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Ever "loved" anyone?
    Yes.
    Do you believe in love?
    Yes, more or less.
    It varies by person.
    It depends on how you define love.

Yes,I believe in love.I am in love now.When I was in 1st class there was a boy who I really loved and he loved me too(he told me),but now he is all talking bad words,being mean to people and everything like that.Now he has lots of girls who like him,but I dont know why but I still love him.He was the first who I actually love from all my life.I love him for 6 years.I dont want to love him!!Can anybody help me?
    You deserve better than that. There are plenty of nice, good people out there looking for love; you don't need to get it from jerks. You'll find the right person someday, there's no need to rush.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    i luv luck n sav n maly n jess n everyone else <3

I think this covers my answer sufficiently.

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Ever "loved" anyone?
    I really only loved family and very close friends who are like family. I never had a serious relationship so I haven't been in love :3
    Do you believe in love?
    Well everyone loves something so of course!
    Loving someone, no matter what their flaws are. Going to the end of the world for them and causing hell to anyone who dares to screw with them.
    Kind of, it depends. You look at someone and you might get this feeling that "hey this is the person for my life." or something among those lines.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Yes. I have in the past and I do presently.

Do you belive in love?
    Of course I do. In many shapes and forms.

The definition of love is individual to one's experience. Some people may despise the idea of love because of a bad experience and label it as a bad thing. Others may have had many good experiences and believe it's the most wonderful thing in the world. And then there are people who haven't experienced yet so their view of love can be distorted and almost overrated [this is me speaking from listening to my different friends talk about btw :P]
    But that's just the black and white, there's many shades of grey in between those groups, I do realise that.
    I, myself, believe it's just a great affection, trust and companionship between yourself and another. A mutual understanding and acceptance of another person, but of the sort that goes beyond friendship.

Do you belive in love at first sight?
    I don't really think so. An intense attraction maybe, but Love should be deeper than skin deep.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Love at first sight is always based on physical appearance. You can lie and say it's not, but how are you falling in love with someone if they haven't even spoken a word yet?

I believe in love, but not love at first sight. Personality is always involved for me.

I fancy someone in my class ^^ but he doesn`t fancy me )X but on the internet I have a boyfriend.
    You have a boyfriend but you want to date someone else? God. There's some messed up people out there.

Last edited:

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I believe in love.
    I think I've only truly experienced it in the context that I love my family, and I love my friends.
    I love my boyfriend.

However, I don't feel like I've ever TRULY loved in the context of "intamacy."

I've never truly felt like I could share every aspect of myself with someone.

Love at first sight? That's not possible. It's merely attraction.
    You can't truly love someone without even knowing one thing about them outside of their appearence.

Back