• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you buy every version?

Years
    With the exception of Blue (and Green), I have at least one copy of every main Pokemon game. I love having all the versions in a series. It helps if I wanna do a challenge, as I can just transfer my Pokemon to a file I don't plan on resetting. I suppose with Pokebank being a thing it's no longer necessary for me to have more than one per series, but eh, I like the series enough to purchase all of the main games.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I now have been preordering both versions - with pass of the months I'll end up buying more copies of the games (since I don't restart any of my Pokemon games) on my next Pay Day.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I always buy the first one first and get the other later. For example, I'll probably get Omega Ruby first, then get the other one later in the year or whatever. I've always done it like that. XD I used to own just about every game at one time though. However, my ex-boyfriend stole most of my games and traded them on me, including my Pokemon Emerald and Ruby.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I did in the earlier gens, I bought Yellow new, but bought Blue and Red used from Gamestop, mostly to trade pokemon over(I owned an SP and a used GBA as well as a link cable). I only ever bought Sapphire from Gen 3. I think the main reason I didn't buy the others was because 1. I didn't like the new Pokemon and 2 I was losing interest in Pokemon games around this time. After that I stopped playing a for many years. Currently I own 1 3DS and I don't plan on buying another mostly because I don't have any interest in trading between games or playing a game that is pretty much the same thing.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Yup. Been doing it since Black and White. At first, I did the whole get the first version and then buy the other one later. But since X and Y, I just outright buy both versions. I'll be buying both OR and AS at the same time as well when they come out.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Yeah, I've always done it. Well, I say always. But since I really got into the games in Gen 3 I bought all the games of that generation, then I fell out of the loop with Pokemon.

But since getting back into it, I have developed a need to get full sets of thing - comic books started this. But since getting X, I bought every game since 2007 apart from SS since it's expensive pre-owned and there isn't any massive differences between games.

Back