• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you buy manga just read it online or both?

So what do you do?

• Total voters

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Buy in stores, because walking down to the nearest bookstore is easier.
    Heck, it's going to get even more easier after I move back to Japan...

Plus, the smell of paper is nice.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I love buying it, but sometimes it's just too expensive for me and I've got about 30 rotting volumes of manga taking up space already, so cheaply and most conveniently I'll download it or read it online, though it's hardly as fun. With a little book you can curl up in a blanket on your bed and read with some nice hot chocolate in the dark, but the computer screen glares at you in the dark and instead of soft pages you have your fingers on a hard keyboard or mouse. No fun.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I always read online, I just don't have the kind of money I need to buy em, despite how much I want to. I do work but there's so many other things I have to pay for, so before I can save enough for something I like, I gotta start paying my share again...

Anyway, yah, read online, although I really do wanna buy a book soon, just so I can show it off read it while going out. xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Buy them. There's something about having the actual product in your hand that reading it online just can't replicate, dumb as it sounds. I guess it makes me feel more apart of the story than just clicking through stuff. Plus, I like the way they look on my shelves. :D

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    I buy all my manga, it's so much nicer than reading it online. I want to use my time on the computer, which is limited because I have to share it, playing video games, going on PC etc.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Buy them. There's something about having the actual product in your hand that reading it online just can't replicate, dumb as it sounds. I guess it makes me feel more apart of the story than just clicking through stuff. Plus, I like the way they look on my shelves. :D

Baka Tenshi said:
    ^ I would have to agree. Plus, when you buy then you can take them anywhere & read.

Totally agree of what you guys are saying right there! You have the real thing in your hand, and you don't have to worry about eye strain trying read the manga online. And what happens they delete the manga from the server or something, but you brought the actual manga...you still got the manga. Just in case you want to read it again, and it is no longer available online.

Just mine two cents. That is why I like reading it online and buying it. Reading it online is like a preview, and if you love it so much you can get your own copy. ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2008
    I borrow them from my friends or classmates~~
    But I've to turn the book page by page very carefully,
    otherwise, I can't borrow from them next time~

Aikoh

go go rudolph rangers
    Years
    I buy my manga a majority of the time but I will read it online if it's not licensed until someone publishes it in English. But there are times when I will import Japanese graphic novels for an unlicensed series if I like it enough.

Back