• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you buy Theme Decks?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Do you buy them? Do you think it takes away from the excitement of getting a good pull in a booster pack, or do you prefer to know what you're paying for?

I buy them on occasion if it looks particularly, but I prefer collecting from booster packs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I bought the two Primal Clash ones, but I really don't know why. I've never been big into them but it was an impulse with my order. Ended up selling them, won't buy any again I don't think.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I buy them often just as a way to play the game with my boyfriend. I enjoy building Pokémon decks but he prefers putting time into YGO, so when I want to play the Pokémon TCG we usually just end up using the pre-made theme decks so we know they're roughly on the same power level. Plus you can get some fun/useful cards with them, but it's mostly a convenience issue haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Back when I was big on TCG, I only bought theme decks for the energy cards.

Years
  • I actually do not really buy theme decks anymore. I have altogether too many energy cards to need them for that, and if I'm looking for specific trainers in them, I'll consider buying some, but I haven't regularly bought any in about 5 years.

I'm more focused on sets and collectible pins and figurines and whatnot.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I buy them for the energies. I do always recommend them for people who are just getting into the game and want to learn how to play, though. They're an almost perfect teaching tool!

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I rarely ever buy theme decks. Pretty much the only cards I would want would be the special holo and (if there are any) the deck-exclusive non-holo rares.

I've got more than enough energies to last me for ages, plus I'm far more interested in holo energies. XD though, I have gotten a couple of theme decks in the last year or so simply because my nephew is new to learning the tcg.

Back