• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you capture?

How many pokémon do you capture?

• Just what I need to use...

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Everything in sight!

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • It varies

Votes: 25 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Katja

Years
  • I used to only capture the ones I wanted, but in Gen V I started catching everything for the national dex.

Years
  • I only catch to complete my NatDex. I've run into OVER 9,000 Mamoswines and Clefables while I'm out Audino Grinding, but since I have Pillowswine and Clefairy, I don't catch them. It's a waste of Pokeballs.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • It depends on what I feel like doing. Sometimes I capture every pokemon I see for the sake of wanting a full Pokedex, but other times I prefer to only bother with the ones I want.

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
    Years
  • I only cature what I need. Or I catch a Pokemon for a HM Slave. I usually capture all my Pokemon early then just use Repels and not bother capturing any other Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I see a Pokemon that's not registered as "Owned" in my Pokedex, I catch it. If it looks good or fares well in competitive battling, I add it to my team.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I just usually capture everything on site for the sake of pokédex completion, plus I might train it later if I like it.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I just capture almost every pokemon I don't have yet. If I don't see a mini-pokeball icon beside the name of the pokemon then in an implulse, I will throw a pokeball and capture it.

Almost Me

WHEEEEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I used to be the sort to catch everything in sight, but in my latest playthrough of a game (emerald) I'm at the E4 with a 'dex at about 40. Basically, I never change my team.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I just focus on completing the Pokedex but I will capture Pokemon I already have for trading with others.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I used to try and catch every pokemon I saw (In like Gen1-Gen3)

However now I usually just catch the pokemon I want to train for the storyline, then when the main storyline is finished I go back and try catching/evolving pokemon.

Years
  • Once the new Generation games come out I will catch all the new pokemon and determine whether they will be in my team, otherwise if it's another play-through on an older game I will plan my team out ahead of time and only catch the pokemon I need to complete my desired team.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll catch something I need for an HM or something I want on my team. Sometimes I might catch a Pokemon just if it's a rare encounter, like Chimecho in RSE or Metagross in BW, but I probably won't end up using it. And if it's a new generation, I'll catch everything that I don't have.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • I capture all the new Pokémons I don't have, so that I can fill up my PokéDex. That's really one of the main premises, after all, you "gotta catch 'em all". ;D Capturing and completing my dex is mostly my main focus in the game. I'm not really too detailed in capturing Pokémon for the purpose that it will benefit me in making my team stronger.

Years
  • Not at all. I've made attempts to, trying to fill up the Pokedex throughout my journey and all that jazz, but I eventually lose motivation and quit. I prefer sticking to capturing only Pokemon that I want to use/appeal to me.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I catch the rare ones on the route (ralts, seedot, etc.) or the ones that are annoying to catch (growlithes using roar, took me like 20 minutes to catch one without killing or it roaring). but then after the E4 i go catch every pokemon i can, since nintendo doesnt like having much of a storyline in the postgame

Locket

nothin' but a latiarse.
    Years
  • I catch everything I see. Pokemon Black is the only game I have done this one but I don't search for the 'mons I need - I have already missed loads like Pansage ect.

Back