• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you capture?

How many pokémon do you capture?

• Just what I need to use...

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Everything in sight!

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • It varies

Votes: 25 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MatTres

Where to begin...
Years
  • It really depends on how low the Capture Rate is. If it's not rare, I almost always stick to those I want to add to my team first. But once I beat the Elite Four, I'm on a rampage with my Lv. 100 that knows False Swipe. XD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I had all the Pokemons there ever was back when Sapphire was new. It wasn't as amazing as I though, and I was disappointed. Ever since Pokemon Sapphire, I haven't tried completing the Pokedex. It's a worthless cause, in my opinion, and one shouldn't waste their time trying to collect them all.

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
  • Usually, I simply catch whatever I don't have and evolve what I need. But now in Gen V, that changed. When I hit the Dragonspiral Tower, I caught nearly every Golett I ran into. I have around four boxes of them, just so I could get one with a good Nature. All the others are still with me, though. They're too cute to release.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I tend to just capture the Pokemon that I want, but if I see a Pokemon that I don't have, lately I have been capturing them. I don't tend to use them to fill up my 'dex though, because I don't actually evolve them, unless its for an in-game trade, or something.

I only ever completed the Pokedex back in the RBY and GSC days; RBY with a glitch (Mew) and GSC with a cheat code for Celebi, since I never could find anyone with Celebi... and there wasn't even an event for it over here, as far as I recall.

I came close to completing it in RSE, but I was missing some key Legendaries, that I missed the Events for. in DPPt. I just couldn't be bothered... xD I doubt I'll ever finish the Unova Pokedex.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I used to only catch Pokemon I wanted for my team, but I found the game to be a lot more fun and last a lot longer if I set out to complete the Pokedex. Ever since Diamond and Pearl, I've decided to catch Pokemon as I meet them, and like many others, I catch multiples of ones that I like.

Unfortunately my favorite Pokemon is a starter :[ Time to breed then!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • When i do the first time around, I capture whatever Pokemon I do not have in my Pokedex. I like to have every species of Pokemon in my Boxes by the time I complete my Pokemon, not like most people I know that have a Venusaur and not Bulbasuar and Ivysuar in the box too (like I do).

:t354:TG

Back