• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you care what other people think of you?

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Do you care what other people think of you? Or have you learned, maybe through an experience, that it's better off not to? Or do you just don't give a "..." about what other people think?

I care. I always have, but now less than before.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Sometimes I like to be noticed as a "cool kid" IRL, but Online it doesn't matter to me so much.

I have my friends and I love them all. <3

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    IRL: Yes. But that's what teenagers usually do.

Online: Not so much, since I'm not usually online and not many people know me anyways.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I think it's only human nature to be curious about what others think of you. May it be a positive thing or a negative thing, no matter what, we do tend to judge each other. Though most of the times, I try not to care if it's a bad thing about me. But you just can't help but think about it; why does a certain person think of you in a certain way? If it's someone who I never talked to, or knew nothing about me, I tend not to care about what they think. But if it's someone I casually talk to, or someone close to me, I do care.

I guess it's that I can't face the fact that someone might not like me for who I am.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Offline, I enjoy being one of more well known teens in my school. Of course I would care if any rumors would go around about me or my friends.

Online, I just relax and take a chill-pill. I mean, this is the internet. I can almost do anything!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I used to, but I have a good friend who taught me that life is too short to care what others think of you.
    Of course, I enjoy compliments, but if someone was to tell me I looked ugly... I wouldn't care at all.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Not really, I keep my own conscience to my self. If somebody thinks I'm stupid, weird or kaput, then the heck with them! :X

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't care what someone's opinion of me is. But, I do care if they think I've said or done something which is not true. I want myself portrayed properly before you decide to have a poor opinion about me.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    While I do care what others' opinions of me are, I consider it more important for people to have an accurate impression of me than to think highly of me. Admittedly, though, sometimes I am amused by hearing others' inaccurate ideas regarding me.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think everyone cares about what people think of them. They might care as much as another person, or as little as someone else, but I believe in today's society, everyone wants to be accepted by everyone else. You see people being flattered day in, day out because they belong to the coolest clique in school. You see people who aren't as popular change their attidue and their personality when they're around certain people because they want to be noticed. It's natural to want to be liked by people; who doesn't?

I care about what people think of me quite a bit. Normally because they're viewing something the wrong way and I want to set the record straight; other times because I'm just curious.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Not really, unless I'm going to some kind of formal occasion, which only happens once in a while.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I really don't care. Yeah, I like it when people think good thoughts about me. But I know my own opinion on myself and I'm comfortable with it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't. If they have a problem with me it's theirs to deal with, not mine. I'm not a contemptable person and I feel no contempt towards others. I'm a person of not few enemies, but of no enemies, and it still astounds me that a lot of people manage to accumilate some in the courses of their lives.
    If someone thinks good of me, again I don't care, it's still something for their conern, not mine.

However, my life has always been good with favourable outcomes, for the most part, so I'm possibly... inexperienced?

Arukas

ラドクリフ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    No, Not really.

I'm not going to act fake just to please somebody else.

Years
    I'd say there ought to be a good balance in apathy and concern for other peoples' views and opinions. In the past I was rather obsessive over what people think of me and was practically ready to hand over my personality in a nutshell just so I can fit in with other people I was around, which was the absolute wrong thing to do and showed that I was almost willing to give up on myself to satisfy the needs of other people. I'm very glad I never did that since the best times of my life probably wouldn't have happened if I ever decided to give up on who I really was.

Since that experience I've developed a strong sense of caution over what I do, while I don't really care about a lot of odd things people may think of me, I do care about their views to a certain point; mainly because I don't want to inconvenience them in any shape or form, especially if its to do with their welfare. Therefore I try not to do anything too outlandish just in case I might be stepping on toes.

Back