• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you care what others think of you?

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Do you care what other people think of you? by this i mean do you dress the way others do, do you act the way others do etc just so people will like you or do you act like yourself?

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Hah, no. I seriously don't give a damn what others think of me, only my parents, maybe. I dress the way i want, I talk how I want and I act however I feel like. If someone has a problem with what I do, I don't mind him/her telling me directly, but I wouldn't care less. I am myself around people and trying to be someone else is stupid and tiring.

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    i dont care what people think of me. it doesnt matter what others think of you, only your opinion of you is what matters

Glass

Miðvikudags
    Years
    I don't really care what people think of me. I try to be as different as possible and be as far away from the mainstream as I can.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Usually no, but there are those spur of the moments when I get a little "ZOMG, I'm too different". Most of the time I'm not bothered (like when dancing in the street with my mother. :DD), I am myself, and that is something nobody will change. =)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I don't really care what others think of me, but I change myself so they will have no opinion of me. I don't like to stand out, so I try to appear as someone to ignore. I wear greys and dark colors and am quiet. I feel that if others actually see me, they will make comments, and I don't want to deal with that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't give a damn what they think. In recent times, I've come to realize I'm actually a great person. I'm not trying to sound like arrogant, but it's true. People actually like me for me, which I used to think no one did. So...yeah. Yay for being yourself. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Usually not. Except today. I had to go to a job fair, so I dressed up, trimmed my hair, and tried to look presentable to potential employers.

But there are people who hate me for the smallest and stupidest reasons, and I don't let that bother me. I'll just be myself, and whatever others think of me, I really can't control, so I try not to let it affect me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    A little bit, I'd admit, but I try not to let that bother me to much. I try to be who I am. And I'm awesome at being me. ;D

Ayselipera

Well I'm not going to lie to an extent I do. I try my best not to care, but the truth is I do care about some things. I don't always completely believe people who say they don't care at all. There is always some point in your life where you sort of care. Even if it is for a minute.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Not...too much, but I do care if people have a view of me that I feel may be off base. I don't really like people thinking the wrong things about me and being afraid to approach me in any manner. That really is the only way I would care about what others thought of me, otherwise I'm not too bothered about it all since I generally do keep to myself and am not the most talkative person.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I actually do :/ I'll wake up some mornings and think Why do I have to be me?
    I care highly of what others think, and it does get to me.
    People say don't let it bother you. I reply, you try lookin like me!.
    So yes I do care what others think.

(Incase you aint' noticed I've something wrong with me, that is Weight problems,

Years
    Well i won't usually care what people think of me, until i come face to face with the people i'm suppose to be with. I always like being different but i always end up falling into the crowd.
    if only i could have someone to be different with me, then and only then do i think i could truly be myself.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I care what the people closest to me think of me. Random people on the street? nope, random people on the interwebs? nope.

I just try and be nice, it might pay off one day you never know :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Not at all, I could care less of what people think of me. Back then, I was like that always however.

shot571

Wow i thought id be the only one who said they did care. I know I shouldnt but I do. I dont want to be different :P. I just think lifes smoother if you go with the crowd.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I used to care very much what people thought about me, but something changed in my mindset gradually throughout the course of the summer where I went from obsessing if someone liked me or not to not really giving a damn about anything they had to say about me. I mean, it's a great feeling when you finally stop caring what people think of you and letting that strip you down. I can't count how many times I've had to mask who I was just to fit someone else's standards.

I like being different and take pride in it when people call me a freak (which doesn't happen that much since I've graduated high school, but whatever). I always did like that back when I was in high school. I was only myself unconditionally back then when I was around friends. Now I've become a lot more bold in who I am, since I don't give two shits what someone thinks of me; good, or bad. Family is an exception to this, though, especially when it comes to disappointing them... and even then it's very rare that I let negative things they have to say about me get in the way of what I think of myself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If it's someone I respect, then I care about what they think of me. There are few people that I respect. I can think of about 5 people.

If it's someone I either don't know or don't respect, then I couldn't care less.

Back