• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you click on advertisements?

Do you click on advertisements?

• Yes

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 59 92.2%

• Total voters

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
  • Only played with the interactive Zwinky ones till they became jpeg ;_; I liked sticking skirts on the girls' heads

Other than that, I don't want to get a virus so only if I see an advertisement from another site or one involving Pokemon games from Playasia or a preorder thingie, I'll never click on them. A few times I've accidentally clicked on a few and I was scared to death of getting adware or a virus.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Not the forum's ones; but sometimes those "you're a winner" ones you find on other sites, just to amuse myself at whatever pages they take me to.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I usually don't, I'm probably in the middle of doing something.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • All I can say is what adverts? the closest thing I see on PC to an advert is that papal button up next to m name (which I've clicked 3 times)
    I guess in the long scheme, I don't click any adverts, other than that paypal button.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    When I was younger, I deliberately clicked on any advertisement involving games. Little did I know, some of them carried a virus that could easily harm my computer. My computer then I had to be fixed and I have to use a laptop just to pass time.
    Fortunately, I don't click on advertisements anymore due to the above reasons.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Most ads are nothing but links to spyware and other malicious crap, so it's rare that I ever click one. If I do, it's because I know where it's going to take me.

Of course, I have Adblock installed anyway, so I rarely even see ads.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I don't click on them. They suck at RPG/games advertisements. Plus, it gives you virus and stuff... And I have installed an Ad Block Plus in my firefox. So I don't bother looking at the annoying advertisements.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    AdBlock is indeed <3

But what's weird is, a lot of you seem quite misinformed at how many adverts actually give you virus'. o.o'

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I never click on advertisments, because the majority of them tend to be spam or viruses or things like that (which most of the other people here have said).

Also, if I get an Ad in my email inbox, I delete it.

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    I don't click ads and I use AdBlock too. Mainly because they're annoying with all their flashing, moving around, and the fact that they just take up space half the time so it takes longer to scroll down to what you want to see (*cough*).

The most annoying ones are the talking ones. "Congratulations! You've been selected for a free Nintendo Wii." Yeah, sorry, don't care. I want my file download, kthxbai.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Nooope.

I don't trust them, unless it leads to a site I'm familiar with, like Myspace, Gaia, or some of those MMOs' like Mabinogi, P.I. Story, ect.. but that's it really. So maybe.. 5 ads out of 37482734827332 of them. o_O

kittychaos

Pika Pika
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2009
    I don`t on this forum or other sites!
    the chaotic ones are the ones are on this forum and it doesnt have a virus yay

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • The most annoying ones are the talking ones. "Congratulations! You've been selected for a free Nintendo Wii."

Actually a great way to block flash ads which are the ones with the talking is to get Flashblock for Mozilla. If you go to sites like youtube, you have to click on the video in order to watch it though. However, for people who don't want videos to start right away or the second they restore a session of FF, this addon is a blessing.

btw, thanks guys for the adblock. It's awesome!

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Nope, I don't trust them. It's almost always something obnoxious and time-wasting, and like a lot of others -- I don't want to risk viruses or scams, etc. I've yet to see an ad for anything I'm actually interested in, either way, so there's no point in it. As for signature advertisements...I honestly don't pay any attention to them most of the time. |D

Back