• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider any pokemon evil?

wu_tiger

Gotta Catch 'Em All
    Years
    Well do you??? In my opinion I can see some pokemon depicted as eveil, these are Arbok, Weezing, Serviper, Carnivine, Meoth, Victreebell, Dustox, Chimecho and can you guess why??? Because these pokemon are used by TEAM ROCKET, evem though from their team, I dont think their Yanmega and Mime Jr are evil. What do you think??

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    According to many episodes and notable quotes, no Pokemon is truly evil. If their trainer is evil, then the pokemon just follows their orders, but it isn't really evil at heart. Wild pokemon that destroy or commit crime only do it through their lack of knowledge. Deoxys has no clue what it had been doing in the movie; it's purpose was only to find it's companion. There is one exception, however. Not to be confused with the Dusk Ball, the Dark Ball (introduced in 4ever) will turn a Pokemon evil and force it to obey it's master.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    Yes and no, in certain cases; although I do highly agree with the idea that a Pokémon obeys the orders of its trainer, and thus perhaps lacks the capability to distinguish good from evil as a human does, there could be a slight alteration...

Some Pokémon perhaps can have a nigh-human (or surpassing-human, a la Alakazam) intellegence; primarily I suppose we see this in the anime, with the few Pokémon that have the ability to talk. Those that do, in my opinion, have the chance at truely possessing human intellegence or something very similiar to it. Ergo, if one desires to use the anime (and fanfiction) as their basis for this arguement, then those few Pokémon might have more of a capability to distinguish good from evil and act upon them in a human manner.

Now then, for solely-game canon, I don't believe this exists at all-- we haven't seen any talking Pokémon in the games, have we (with the exclusion of the Sinnoh myths, one of which mentions a conversation between a human and Pokémon)? The manga I can't speak for, however-- I've never read any of them.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I doubt many wild Pokemon are evil, or at least are evil on purpose. Some brutal monsters such as Tyranitar are likely to attack and kill you without remorse, whether it be out of defense or plain frustration. Darkrai seems like the only Pokemon who'd be considered "evil" by many.

Visible Light

Take me to your king...
    Years
    I don't think Pokemon are usually evil, they are always willing to listen to their owner.

Years
    ... What about Mewtwo guys?

Yeah, he was created by people and he became evil because of their actions, he still kept on being evil after he was in control.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I only think pokemon are evil if they have a bad attitude, and a bad personality. Plus if they hang around with bad people like team rocket which are evil...

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I guess it pretty much depends on what trainer the certain Pokemon has. The trainer could decide if the s/he going to train, battle, or commit crimes with the certain Pokemon s/he has.

It really all depends...

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    The evilest pokemon is jiggly puff because she puts you to sleep and draws on you. *shudder*

Years
    Based on looks alone, plenty of Pokémon are evil. Tentacruel being one that stands out for me. Especially after remembering the anime episode where a giant Tentacruel was attacking a town.
    But like others said, wild Pokémon are too ignorant to know they're "evil", and trainer-used Pokémon obey their masters. Darkrai, of course, is pretty evil. Mewtwo also seemed to take pleasure in others' pain.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Good and evil are just classifications perceived and allocated by humans. It's purely subjective. There is no good or evil.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    No specific Pokemon is evil. No way. I mean, look. Is your in-game Arbok evil? Hell no! It's the beliefs and natures of a Pokemon that make it evil. Just like humans. You can't say ALL humans are evil, just the ones with evil beliefs and natures and stuff. It's the same with pretty much everything.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    No. Pokemon relies on their owners. If the trainers are evil, so are their Pokemon. Well, I consider Giratina an evil Pokemon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I know it's in a movie or a show, and for some reason I'm thiiiinking it's the episode with the giant Pokémon in season 1 (where the Pokémon get separated from their trainers on that island with the fake robot Pokémon). Pikachu, I think, tells Ekans and Koffing that they aren't evil, just their trainers are? Or something like that? :( My memory is hazy.

At any rate, as everyone else has said, Pokémon are only as "evil" as their trainers; they simply follow orders at that point. And the wild Pokémon that wreak havoc? No different; they simply don't understand the concept of evil and are only protecting themselves or otherwise.

... What about Mewtwo guys?

Yeah, he was created by people and he became evil because of their actions, he still kept on being evil after he was in control.
    He was simply looking for revenge on humans because he assumed all humans were evil (and by association, that any Pokémon who follows a trainer's orders is evil) and wanted to make a place for clones in the world. By the end of the movie, Ash is able to convince him that his ways are wrong and that there are good people in the world who don't want to destroy clones, etc.

Mewtwo was only doing that based on what he had seen from birth and how he had been treated by Team Rocket; perhaps it was evil, but it still boils down to a human being majorly at fault for Mewtwo's outlook on life.

Back