• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider any pokemon evil?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't see why...
    All pokemon are unique and can do many things others cannot!

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I don't see why Darkurai is evil, since he fought against Dialga and Palkia in the movie.

And in Platina:

"Although Darkrai will show nightmares to people and Pokémon within a radius of itself in self-defense, it has no malicious intent."

I think all Pokemon are neutral from the start and if it's evil, it's not the whole species, just that individual Pokemon. I think the Type Aku (evil) is because these Pokemon seems that way, like the attack "Thief" for instance. Stealing is bad, but a Pokemon that can use Thief doesn't have to be.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    No evil pokemon..just evil trainers that make them do evil things.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    "Pokémon only do bad things because master bad,"
    Jessie's Ekans, in the episode Island of the Giant Pokémon.

As for our friends the Wilds, they're not evil necessarily; they just have a different definition of evil, or are just that way by nature.

Blue Tomoshibi

Pokémon a go-go!
    Years
  • Well think about it this way.

In real life a bear will attack and possibly kill you if you come too close to it. Is it evil? No Its just protecting itself.

If a dog was raised in an abusive manner, it will have a nasty personality and attack people for little or no reason. Is it evil? No, that's how it was raised.

Evil is reserved for organisms who know what they are doing, knowing that it is bad but doing it anyways. So yes, the more intelligent Pokemon in the Pokemon world COULD be evil, but 9 times out of ten they won't be.

Ayu

I love my Pokemon!
    Years
  • I think mewtwo was pretty mean to a lot of people. He learned afterwards that it was better to be nice though so it was just a phase ^ ^

also I saw two people say that giratina was evil. Does that tie into the story or is it that he just looks mean?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    But Mewtwo thought the humans were using Pokemon as tools (like Rocket), and since the Pokemon still kept on obeying their owner's, Mewtwo did not like these Pokemon and so he made his own, the copies. He did not understand that humans were often the Pokemon's friends.

I think that, he fought against Mew because he wanted to prove he was strong (and stronger) even if he was a copy. He thought Pokemon were weak since they did what the humans said to them, and Mewtwo refused to be that way and did not want to live in a world with Pokemon that were "weak". Or something like that.

I know they say in the movie that the real Pokemon and their clones fought because they both wanted a place in the world, just like real animals fight for their territory. Mewtwo wanted a place too, not as someone's tool, but as a real Pokemon.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A Pokémon is always born good and true. The only way it can turn is by having an evil trainer. Therefore, no Pokémon can really be classified as evil. Yes, I know that in various episodes, we've seen different Pokémon do bad stuff. For example, Mewtwo. It stole people's Pokémon and cloned them to have his own army. Does that not sound a bit twisted to you? Aye, but it wasn't doing it because it was bad at heart, but because it was mislead, particularly by Giovanni. A Pokémon can be easily influenced and can make mistakes, but that doesn't mean that it can be classified as evil.

However, looking at it from the point of someone who has no interest in or knowledge of Pokémon mythology, I wouldn't want to be left in a room with a Houndoom or a Murkrow.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No Pokemon is evil, it was already told in a few episodes...they only do what they are told by their trainer...... For example what Ekans said to Pikachu when they were in the episode with all the large pokemon, "We are not evil, we only do what our masters tell us to do..." or something like that...but no pkmn are not evil...

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    I think Gengar is evil, especially on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, he lies ALOT!

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I believe lesser pokemon (i.e. the pokemon that live on earth) can't be inherently evil. However, the deity pokemon (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus) have minds capable of knowing right from wrong. So if they wanted to be evil, then they could.

Back