• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider Phione legendary?

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I know it IS, but to me it just feels like another normal poke'mon...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    No not really, I just see it as a cute pokemon who's home will be my PC for time to come. Despite that I still think it's one of the best legen----semi-legendary pokemon (if that word even existed before now) we've ever had.

But thanks for this post b/c now I remember to make another Phione egg for my SS :D.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • im not really sure. it has no big role in the mythology like the other legendary pokemon and you have to breed manaphy to get it. but know that i think about it, i think its just another normal but harder to find pokemon.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Nope if it can breed its not a legend
    well really in my book if I have to try my hardest not to faint them they aren't legendary

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Well, I don't really think much of any of the Gen IV legendaries, as they just don't seem that... Legendary. I don't see Phione or Manaphy as legendaries, moreso unnobtainable. BTW, the thing they are based off of is really cool and weird, but in a good way.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Let me tell you... I believe Rotom is a legendary, even if it isn't considered one by most other fans. So yes, I believe it is a legend. But not an important one, really. It's related to one, it's legend by proxy, basically. Just like Mewtwo, except the latter has the power to back it up.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Let me tell you... I believe Rotom is a legendary, even if it isn't considered one by most other fans. So yes, I believe it is a legend. But not an important one, really. It's related to one, it's legend by proxy, basically. Just like Mewtwo, except the latter has the power to back it up.

If that is the case then should the term legendary be redifined? o.O? I mean in gens 1 & 2 you could tell that the term 'legendary' had more of a meaning to it: small in numbers, only obtainable once, gender-less (other than porygon of course), and had a special task in pokemon world...Now..like w/ Sinnoh and everything there are so many legendaries that one has to question what a legendary really is.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • PiPVoda said:
    If that is the case then should the term legendary be redifined? o.O? I mean in gens 1 & 2 you could tell that the term 'legendary' had more of a meaning to it: small in numbers, only obtainable once, gender-less (other than porygon of course), and had a special task in pokemon world...Now..like w/ Sinnoh and everything there are so many legendaries that one has to question what a legendary really is.

Really, Legendary should mean that there is some sort of tale or legend behind it, which would make a couple of pokemon legends, and remove a couple of others, really. Rotom still wouldn't make the cut, unless ghost stories of it inhabiting the mansion is a legend, though I doubt it. That'd knock out half of the Sinnoh legends right there, Shaymin, Manaphy, Phione, and maybe Heatran would lose their spots.

But no, it means something else that I don't really know. Rotom is no more legendary then Phione, if it could be classified as one. But one is classified as so, and one isn't. Despite Phione and Manaphy can breed and make more. There is one Manaphy, but more Phione. Even if Rotom wasn't considered one (And it isn't), it still has to be redefined by Phione's existence in the legendary standings. And different genders? Latios, Latias, Cresselia and Heatran feel sad at that.

I don't believe Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno have a special task, in fact... I don't think I ever heard any legends about them. You can only get Rotom once, unless you breed, and you can only get Phione once... unless you breed.

Now, since I don't know the other qualifications for legendaries, I can't say anything about it, really. There's always special cases, even in the early days. (The gender thing came around in Hoenn, but w/e.)

I don't know much of the changes with Rotom in Platinum, really, so yeah.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • If that is the case then should the term legendary be redifined? o.O? I mean in gens 1 & 2 you could tell that the term 'legendary' had more of a meaning to it: small in numbers, only obtainable once, gender-less (other than porygon of course), and had a special task in pokemon world...Now..like w/ Sinnoh and everything there are so many legendaries that one has to question what a legendary really is.

To be legendary it has to have legends about it. So basically whatever is tagged as 'legendary' is legendary. The rest are just things that are common among all the known legendaries at the time.

Like how mammals don't lay eggs; it isn't a requirement, they just don't. So when platypuses are discovered people don't go 'it lays eggs, so it's a not a mammal' because it has the required traits of being a mammal; live birth isn't one. And neither are: being genderless, not being able to breed, not having more than one Pokemon in an evolutionary line, etc.

Honestly, I don't see how someone can see Phione as not legendary. Rotom is a tossup though.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    meh, collectible.
    to be honest it just seems like a unneeded extra, though interesting how manaphy and phione work.

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Well only phione and manaphy are legendaries to be hatched from eggs, but then again they are special eggs. Legendary classification is fine with me

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I consider Phione as legendary with the reason that It's part of Manaphy. The only problem with Phione is that it's abilities and skills aren't suited for a legendary pokemon because eacnh legendary pokemo has a special skill and abilities. But yeah. I don't care. It's still cute, Isn't it? XD

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well, it's been officially confirmed as a legendary, so you really can't say it isn't. It may be a rather pointless, nonsensical legendary, but it's one regardless. I do wonder why they even made it in the first place, though...

Of course, there's higher and lower levels of "legendary" (I'm using this word so much I feel like Barney Stinson), for example Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina would be the highest level due to their powers, and Phione is all the way down at the bottom. It's borderline. Other legendaries point and laugh at it.

...there should be fanart of that.

Back