• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do You Do Gyms in Improper Order?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I thought you could do this in FR/LG, since it becomes somewhat confusing as to who you face, but I never do it.

Years
  • Nope, I didn't know you could even do this. If I knew you could do this I still probably wouldn't do it. It makes it a lot easier.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    In Red I think I did Sabrina before Koga and maybe even Blaine.

In Ruby I once skipped Brawly.

In GSC I would always do Pyrce before Jasmine because Pryce was oddly lower leveled than Jasmine.

ultimatelucariotrainer

Psychic Trainer, now with Ice
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I've done that quite a few times, it's especially easy on pokemon crystal, you can skip the 4th gym and go straight to the seventh(But the you have to do four, five and six... although you do catch the red gyarados earlier that way... hehe)

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    No in DPPT but in FR I usually fight Koga and sometimes Blane? before Sabina. I went to Silph.Co and they all had low leveled 30s/20s and I had lvl 40s

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I always fought Wake first because Maylene was haed to beat, but that was in DIamond and Pearl, In platinum (this kills me), they made it so that you had to face all the gyms in proper order, cause when you try to go to Pastoria gym first, it says that Wake is in Veilstone, and when you meet him there, he goes back to Pastoria, but when you go back to Pastoria, the NPC still says that he is in Veilstone, and that I have to fight the Veilstone gym first, DRAT, Veilstone was always the hardest gym

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Lol, I just did. Really extreme.

I did the tweaking glitch, got Darkrai and went to Canalave. I had beaten Veilstone's gym recently. So, I went and beat Byron. Then I found out that I can fly to Snowpoint. (Don't know how.) I beat Candice. Now I have caught Dialga and the lake trio and I have not even visited Pastoria. =P

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    I try to do them all in order, because if i skip one, then i forget which town it's in and end up not doing it :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've always knew that you can skip gyms but I've never did it because I would most likely forget about the gym and then get frustrated on why I can't seem to go and defeat the elite four

:t354:TG

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • I just do the Gyms in order depending on the levels of my Pokemon. Some gyms are higher level than others, so before I challenge those, I make sure to raise my Pokemon. So you could say that I do them in order.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    I don't remember doing it, but I feel like I have in one of the older games.
    Silver, maybe?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Didn't now you could do it in DPPT, but in GSC I skipped Jasmine and Chuck and went straight fir Pryce ;)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I did skip Maylene and go straight on to Crasher Wake, because my Pokémon weren't strong enough for Maylene (I had just caught a Houndour to deal with her Lucario, but he was still at a relatively low level D:<) and so the walk to Pastoria and the Gym battle really helped me level up. Other than that...no, I don't think I've ever skipped a gym. Except in Viridian City in Blue, Yellow and LeafGreen, but you kinda had to do that. ;)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • In FR . Because I was stupid and skipped Vermilion then woke up at the E4 without that badge (seen the Mew Truck (yayyy)) .

Years
  • Like most people, I didn't know that this was possible in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't have done it because I think that they make the gyms in a certain order to give us a challenge and make sure we don't miss certain important items or events.

Back