• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you do this while playing pokemon?

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    I don't press buttons, but I do blink whenever the ball shakes. I don't know why, honestly. It just stuck with me. (:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    All that I have to do is believe in my Pokémon and encourage them.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • I never did the button combinations when catching a pokemon due to me not ever hearing about them. o_o. I had almost zero to none friends in real life growing up and didn't think the internet existed until I was well into highschool.
    So when I found out about the down+b combination I decided to try it.
    ASDFGHJKL IT MADE IT WORSE.
    I tried it on a super weak pokemon that was in the red. >> It didn't even shake, the ball just refused to take it in. I think I'm just a jinx. So I never do anymore combos.

The only times I press buttons when they do not need to be pressed is when my pokemon gets hit. I like to press and hold down B.. in a sad attempt to keep the foe from taking out a lot of HP. xD HEY IT WORKS. -shakes fist-

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I do the B and hold one though it doesn't really work. I have kind of broken the habit though :(.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
  • Haha, I remember the old rumors about mashing different button combinations. It's a deeply embedded habit now, or maybe it just gives me an added sense of security.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I used to hold B down while throwing a ball when I was younger, and even now, I know it doesn't help, but it's a force of habit. Although, I think I'm doing it less and less now.

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
  • For some reason does L+R button sometimes works for me when I catching some. I for example used a Poke Ball on both Ho-oh, Raikou and Zapdos and I captured it O.o

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Heck Yes.
    I've been doing this since I got Pokemon: Pearl.
    I can't seem to stop doing it xD

Years
  • I used to do this when I played the original Gold and Silver versions. There was a rumour going around school that if you held down A and the up button while dealing damage or catching a Pokémon you were more likely to deal more damage or catch the Pokémon. Similarly, pressing B and down did the opposite.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    Of course, when rby came out they always said that holding down B made it easier to catch pokemon, seems like it works too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I spam the A button through out the whole game.

"Dammit Nurse Joy heal my pokemon faster >:"
    "Dammit, Stop doing long speeches >: "
    "Dammit pokeball, catch faster >: "

lol.

nm legend

Years
  • yes i do a button combo too....i just keep pressing<-- and --> not sure if it works or not but i cant help it ever since my lil brother told me about it...........and i used to to do a ritual dance too while cathing a pokemanz lol j/k

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I do occasionally press Down B out of habit. Even more oddly, I find myself pressing B+Left when I take a hit that's sure to KO my Pokemon in attempt to stop the HP bar from hitting zero. XD

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I still remember hearing this rumour from when I was younger being told to be my elder brother, then I believed it completely but now I'm clever enough to know that it's not true. But sure, I still tap away at the A button in hopes of some luck of capturing a wild Pokemon every time, but I know it isn't that which catches said wild Pokemon. It has become a habit that I can't seem to get myself out of.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    I used to spam A during the R/B/Y days, but I soon figured the only things it does is loosen the buttons ._.;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I rapidly press A when trying to catch a pokemon. When I was little i thought by doing so would help me catch the pokemon, and it has remained a habit.

Shnappy

First-ever pants pokemon
    Years
  • Yes, but a little differently.

When I was little, heard a stinkin lot of rumors that if you mash the B button as quickly as you can or press all of the buttons at once or something, your pokeball get the catch rate of a Master Ball. I still do it sometimes. XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • When I'm playing on a DS, I hit R, L, R, A when capturing a Pokemon, before the ball hits the 'mon. On a GBA[SP] I use right arrow, left arrow, right arrow, A.

Back