• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you drink energy drinks?

Masqueraine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    i dont usually, but lately ive made it a point to. this past week ive had red bull, full throttle, amp and rockstar. i justify it being okay by reading the list of vitamins and minerals haha.

but lets not have ohnoez youre going to die if you drink another one aaaaaa in here pretty please.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I don't drink them, because they're pretty gross and can be dangerous (talking about the guarana ones e.g. Redbull, Mother, Monster, not like Gatorade etc). At work they sell alcoholic energy drinks, which scares the crap out of me lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I did, but after I got a terrible stomach bug from drinking too much of them, I avoid them and go for stuff like Lucozade.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I only drink them when I feel I need to (i.e., right before exams, when pulling all-nighters) or when they're given away at campus events. Otherwise, Mountain Dew is caffeine and energy enough for me :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Very rarely, sometime if i'm playing sport i have the non fizzy, fruit juiced based ones. Occasionally steal my mothers Red Bull if i can't be bothered to run to the shop to get a drink other than water.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Coffee every day (not that it is counted as a energy drink), Red Bull occasionally.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Yesssssss. Energy drinks are great for people like me who do a load of sport all the time. Although I will admit that they sometimes get me a bit hyper and they're probably overpriced for what you actually get out of them too. Though I'd need to see some statistics or something like that, since I'm not entirely sure.

On the health side of things, I have never had any problems and I've gone on massive Red Bull binges before, either because I needed the energy or because I felt like staying up for several days. I find they taste pretty good in general other than a couple of types of Lucozade.

I avoid them and go for stuff like Lucozade.
    I'm pretty sure that is classed as an energy drink anyway.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    On VERY rare occasions, I'll drink a gatorade, otherwise it's strictly water, milk, and juice for me.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I have never tried an energy drink before, but I have always wanted to try Monster.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    As far as I know, the only 'energy drink' I've had lately is Gartorade. The other kind, such as Red Bull and Monster I haven't had in years. I prefer water and juice these days.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No, I never have and never will. Just never really appealed to me. Everytime I've tried drinking soda or energy drinks I've been unable to finish it. I only tend to drink tea or coffee (I alternate between phases). At the moment I'm drinking rooibos tea.

Ayselipera

I only have about a handful of times and I doubt I'll have anymore past that amount. None of them taste good to me and I don't notice any kind of gain in energy so I figure it's pointless for me to drink. I typically only drink water, tea, and occasionally coffee when I'm really craving it.

merfyz

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    Hell no, they're gross, filled with crap and pounds of sugar, and are the biggest rip off i have ever seen.

Years
    Very rarely. I usually just stick to soda. That's already bad enough for me. XD; It also gives me enough energy to go on. And if I'm feeling cheap, I can get all the Mountain Dew in the world during work, which is the only time I need caffeine, really.

I've only tried cans of Amp and Monster and like a sip of Red Bull so far. The taste is... interesting. :s tbh if I think about it too much I'll get grossed out! But it works so I run with it.

Narcissist

Living Libertine
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    I buy an energy drink most days before school and it's become a sort of routine.
    There are smallish ones I'm rather fond of that are about 35p. Sometimes I have a Monster; bit more expensive though.

Don't drink them at home. I usually have tea at home.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    yuck, no. they all taste disgusting to me :( and I have a friend who probably has monster running through his body, not blood since he drinks it alllllllllllllllllllllll the time. he can down 2 dubs in a short amount of time :/

I have my tea and water instead and I am very happy with that the way it is :)

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012

On the health side of things, I have never had any problems and I've gone on massive Red Bull binges before, either because I needed the energy or because I felt like staying up for several days. I find they taste pretty good in general other than a couple of types of Lucozade.

The "energy" in energy drinks is caffeine (and glucose if they are sugar added), which in itself isn't dangerous unless you intake large amounts. It is the combination of energy drinks and alcohol that might cause cardiac dysrhythmia (abnormal heart activity) and dehydration during vigorous physical activity. People with reduced kidney function should also stay away from drinks containing Taurine.

Unfortunately (and strangely) there is insufficient data on health effects from higher consumption of energy drinks, and also comparison between various groups.

Too much is always too much, but if you're a healthy individual then regular intake of energy drinks won't cause you any problem as long as you avoid mixing with alcohol.

Back