• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you dry your clothes in the dryer?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Air dry. Well, if I'm not pressured for time that is. I imagine that air drying wont really be much of an option were I to live in an apartment, though.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I follow the instructions on my clothes, and I try not to buy cheap materials that will shrink to begin with. Just follow the little symbols on the tag and you'll be fine. I dry clean my suits though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I follow the instructions on my clothes, and I try not to buy cheap materials that will shrink to begin with. Just follow the little symbols on the tag and you'll be fine. I dry clean my suits though.

That's true but it gets annoying to separate everything by tags instead of by color and white. I'd like to use as few machines as possible in the laundromat.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    During the summer, I hang-dry outside, because the higher tempratures dry the clothes faster. During colder months, it's tumble dry.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I dry everything that doesn't explicitly say it needs to air-dry. Honestly one of the best things in the world is putting on some pajamas or getting a blanket when it's straight from the dryer and still really warm and fragrant.

Pretty much just this. Well, except for the fragrant part. I don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets, and the main soap we use has a really light scent to begin with. :P

About half of my tops are 'delicates' that go in on a gentle/handwash cycle in the washer and can't go in the dryer. Some lay flat to dry, some have to hang up. The other half I just throw in on a quick wash and then in the dryer.

Jeans look better faded out a bit, I think, so I don't bother to separate those out or anything. They rarely get washed anyway, since they can't go in with most of my tops, I have to wait for a load with hoodies and towels to do anything else with zippers or buttons, lol.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I'm a more dont think about it kinda person and throw them in anyways i mean winter here you are not gonna hang them and im not gonna hang them inside the house haha. The 1 thing i hated was when I was young i got a really really expensive and comfy blanket and someone (friend) had to drop some ketchup on it. Ok the blanket is red t wasnt even a spoon full of ketchup im sure itll be alright but parents put it in washer and drier now its just un comfy never used it again. It was really sad ;-;

Years
    It really depends on what it is and how it fits and if I'm afraid of it shrinking or the texture getting messed up.
    In example, if it's a soft blanket, like Dedenne was talking about, I'd generally air dry it until it was mostly dry and then at the end let it dry on low heat for a few minutes to get it soft and warm.
    If it's a sweater, I'll generally hang it up and then after it's dry pop it in the dryer on low for a couple minutes to make it soft again. If it's something that might shrink, I dry it on air dry and low heat.
    I just hate clothes shrinking D; it's so sad.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    It's very dependent to what clothes I'm washing. Like things like underwear and certain shirts I'll place in the dryer, other things like jeans or socks I'll hang to dry. Especially big things like my bed covers which are massive to hang go in the dryer because I'm lazy and it takes forever for a small person like me to hang them xD

Normally I just hang them outside, or have a clothes rack up somewhere in the house. My mum is really fussy about not using the dryer much so I'm used to just hanging them where I can.

Years
    Generally I try to hang as much on the clothes line as I can for the sake of conserving money energy for the sake of our bank accounts the environment. Even in Winter I'll hang stuff out unless it is really going to rain, or is already raining.

Years
    I always hang clothes on the washing line, and the only time I'd ever use the dryer is if I'm in a hurry and I need a certain piece of clothing to wear that's still fresh out of being washed.

Back