• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you enjoy Pokémon x Human relationships

are you fine with Pokémon x Human relationships???

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • what are your thoughts on Pokémon x Human relationships??? do you think it is ok for a Pokémon and a human to be in some kind of intimate relationship??? if yes, what Pokémon would fit best??? I will post later based on how this topic goes...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ...That kind of creeps me out. It's the equivalent of a human and an animal and that's just...no.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Pokémon isn't real, dude. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    The series encourages friendship between humans and Pokemon. However, romantic relationships would be a big no-no. Even if they aren't exactly animals, Pokemon still are animal-like enough that those kinds of relationships would not be accepted. So, no.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Going to assume within the franchise, considering Pokemon don't exist outside of it.

I agree that it would be creepy and strange, these are two entirely different species we're talking about here.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • I voted yes. Since i am an anime fan(Not the crazed Otaku with Pikachu love pillow kind), I think that if the Pokemon were somehow half human and half Pokemon, then that would be cool. Also, why is everybody judging this guy? We all have one thing in our lives that we really love. As long as this guy isn't humping farm animals in real life, he doesn't deserve the creepy stares( That are implied). Saying stuff like "Pokemon isn't real dude" makes it seem like he's crazy or something. I would be with a Scarmory Chick that kinda looks like archangel from X-men.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I voted yes, too. Pokemon aren't like animals. They're far more intelligent, and if a Pokemon likes their trainer & vice-versa, I don't see a problem.

This is one of those "what if" topics. Of course Pokemon aren't real, but use your imagination - What if they were real? This isn't the first/only thread like that.
    So... if Pokemon were real, I don't see a problem with a Pokemon - Human relationship (Although I doubt I'd have one myself).

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I voted yes. Since i am an anime fan(Not the crazed Otaku with Pikachu love pillow kind), I think that if the Pokemon were somehow half human and half Pokemon, then that would be cool.

Well, the are Human-shape Pokemon like Jynx, but in one episode of the anime Brock had a moment with a Jynx, thinking it was Nurse Joy. He was very surprised when he realized it wasn't who he that it was.

Also, why is everybody judging this guy? We all have one thing in our lives that we really love. As long as this guy isn't humping farm animals in real life, he doesn't deserve the creepy stares( That are implied). Saying stuff like "Pokemon isn't real dude" makes it seem like he's crazy or something. I would be with a Scarmory Chick that kinda looks like archangel from X-men.

I believe the guy is asking whether or not it is OK for humans and Pokemon (pure Pokemon, not human-Poke hybrids, even though that is questionable as well) to have intimate relationships. Judging by the way many of the wild Pokemon behave in the anime (In one episode, Ash walked up to a pink Rhyhorn only to be butted away, despite meaning no harm. It then chased the group off until it fell off a cliff) these creatures are still very animalistic. A real rhino would have done the same thing as that Rhyhorn. Though Pokemon do possess higher intelligence in the anime than animals, they still aren't at human level. Only Legendary Pokemon have that potential (though Mewtwo was unable to realize that not all humans are bad, despite its powerful mind.)

I voted yes, too. Pokemon aren't like animals.

As I referenced above, Pokemon, particularly wild ones, are very animalistic.

They're far more intelligent, and if a Pokemon likes their trainer & vice-versa, I don't see a problem.

Except Pokemon are still considered "wild animals" in the Pokemon universe. And saying "if they both like each other, what's the problem?" opens up all sorts of arguments against other relationships that are looked down on because of the parties involved in said relationship.

(Also, the games don't have them showing these near human-like behaviors like the anime does. In the games, Pokemon are pretty much just powerful animals.)

This is one of those "what if" topics. Of course Pokemon aren't real, but use your imagination - What if they were real?

If Pokemon WERE real, it'd be even worse. Think about it this way: If you have a cat or dog right now in real life, and wake up tomorrow to find your cat or dog is now a Meowth or Growlithe, would you feel like you could have a relationship with that pet now?

So... if Pokemon were real, I don't see a problem with a Pokemon - Human relationship (Although I doubt I'd have one myself).

The only difference between Pokemon and animals are that one set really exists and the other is a group of fictional creatures developed by a video game company to produce games for people to buy and battle/trade with each other.

It may also help to look at pictures of non-human Pokemon and ask yourself if human X Pokemon relationships are a good idea:

Even if you were to limit it to only Pokemon that resemble humans in a way, they are still Pokemon, just like all the ones above. Gardevoir or Jynx is no closer to being human than Metagross or Garchomp are.

And regardless of that, I don't recall anything in either the anime or the games that suggests human X Pokemon relationships of that nature are accepted. (the anime did have a Latias (in human form) kiss Ash at the end of that movie, though there is also the possibility that it was the girl Bianca). However, when Ash saw Bianca/Latias, he immediately thought it was Bianca, despite knowing Latias would transform into her all the time.

Also, the fact that you said you'd be Ok with it, but you probably wouldn't have one yourself means that you don't 100% agree with it either. What is it about human X Pokemon relationships that you wouldn't want to be a part of, but feel is acceptable in either that universe or in real life if Pokemon DID exist? For me, I see them as powerful versions of our real life animals. Yes, they are above standard animals in intelligence, but still seem to react out of instinct like animals until trained by a human to learn to obey commands.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Hm.. you laid down some really good arguments. Now that I think more about it, you're right.

Guess I'll change my vote, then xD

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Hell to the no. I don't support bestiality in the slightest.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Hell to the no. I don't support bestiality in the slightest.
    Bestiality? But wouldn't that mean, uhm... sleeping with the Pokemon?

... if that's the case, then I should've immediately vote "No" (And now I can't change my vote anyways x.x ). When the OP said "intimate relationship", I thought more of something like hugging, cuddling, sleeping (literally)....

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Odd how everyone is against bestiality simply out of principle. Highly remeniscent of how racism was the norm in the early 20th century, yet it isn't now, so... This is quite different, I know, but there's no reason to be inherently against it. Provided the person and non-person are both willing and physically compatible, the rest is of nobody's concern. Of course, how the animal/Pokemon is supposed to display consent and whether it understands what is happening is the issue of moral concern; provided good standards of safety and common sense are kept to, I am fine with the notion of Pokemon x human relationships.

Last edited:

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Odd how everyone is against bestiality simply out of principle. Highly remeniscent of how racism was the norm in the early 20th century, yet it isn't now, so... This is quite different, I know, but there's no reason to be inherently against it. Provided the person and non-person are both willing and physically compatible, the rest is of nobody's concern. Of course, how the animal/Pokemon is supposed to display consent and whether it understands what is happening is the issue of moral concern; provided good standards of safety and common sense are kept to, I am fine with the notion of Pokemon x human relationships.

First of all, bestiality is animal abuse. It's not a question of principle.

And on topic- No! Never. Pokemon aren't people. Especially going by the game's standards rather then the anime's.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • NO. Definitely not. Good God, that crap is as bad as bestiality. If you like the idea of Pokemon and Human relationships, keep it to yourself. Most people (like me) will find it utterly disturbing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Odd how everyone is against bestiality simply out of principle.

Odd how? Last I heard, pretty much everyone in existence is against it.

Highly remeniscent of how racism was the norm in the early 20th century, yet it isn't now, so...

Racism failed as the norm and was rejected, just as sexism was. Gay marriage seems to be headed towards general acceptance today, but I don't see human X animal relationships being accepted ever and there is nothing to suggest that it will be or should be.

This is quite different, I know, but there's no reason to be inherently against it.

Seeing as how animals don't have free will and Pokemon are still for the most part instinct driven creatures, there's plenty of reason to be against it. Not to mention that some of these creatures are almost god-like.

Provided the person and non-person are both willing and physically compatible, the rest is of nobody's concern.

How does something without free will or the ability to speak human language agree with anything?

Of course, how the animal/Pokemon is supposed to display consent and whether it understands what is happening is the issue of moral concern; provided good standards of safety and common sense are kept to, I am fine with the notion of Pokemon x human relationships.

Common sense tells us humans should not have intimate relationships with non-humans, or at least non-humanoids as the case often seems to be in the anime world. Once again, explain how this:

... could have an intimate, romantic relationship with this:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back