• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you enjoy reading books?

Book worm?

• Total voters

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It's not really a lifestyle to me, but I do enjoy reading a story from time to time. Yes, it's not manga nor picture books.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I voted 'depends on the genre'. I'm not an avid bookworm but if I see a book that may interest me i'll read it.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I read any book, even the ones I don't like. When I'm bored, I read water bottle caps. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I do enjoy reading books. I wouldn't call myself a book worm, but I've read a ton of books. It's a good leisurely activity and in most cases makes you a lot smarter ;D

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Depends I usually read Graphic novels (manga). However I do read Harry Potter and the Pokemon Anime chapter books.
    Graphic novels are more my style I'm 12 and read +13 Graphic novel.
    p.s. I don't call myself a book worm.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Yes I definitely do, but that doesn't mean I do. XD
    I never read books. But I'm reading a pretty awesome book in English. I like reading but am too lazy to go to the library and get books.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I really like to read, being a writer and all, but I can't find any books that I like.

Genres I like are Adventure, Tragedy, Suspense and Romance.
    Recommendations?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I really like to read, being a writer and all, but I can't find any books that I like.

Genres I like are Adventure, Tragedy, Suspense and Romance.
    Recommendations?
    I can't really help you, as I'm a fictional reader, but I bet the internet will. :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    In real life, I'm always reading. I make sure to carry a book with me at all times in my pocket, in case I can sneak in a few minutes of reading anywhere. Even if I don't have a book with me, like say in work, I'm reading something. It's just a part of my lifestyle that I gained when I was very young.

I read any genre. Science fiction, fantasy, romance, the classics, current fads (Twilight is actually something I can criticize because I read it, novel concept), nonfiction, text books... The list goes on. The one genre I really don't like are biographies, but I will read them if the person is interesting.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I used to be obsessed with reading books, but then I lost interest after taking a liking towards Comic Books.
    I still read a book from time to time, though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    I will read pretty much anything, and I am often known to prefer the company of books to the company of people.

I'm not constantly reading, because I have other hobbies, but reading is something I enjoy.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I only read when I'm bored or it's part of a series I enjoy reading.

Maesic

It almost sounds like music..
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2013
    I used to be a huge bookworm when I was younger. Now, I barely read books for some reason. o_o I guess I can get into it if the plot's interesting enough. I remember when I'd stay up at night just to read Eragon. xD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I use to read books a lot, it's probably the reason why I wear glasses now. XD; I use to read books all the time, though I was quite a slow reader, since I would have to read over sentences to make sure it actually made some sense to me. It usually took me about a week to finish a 600-700 page book.

But now, I don't read so much anymore, since last time I was in my little "reading zone", my eyes went all weird and everything was blurry for a while. Plus, my attention span has gone down a bit, though once I get started reading a book I can keep reading for ages, but if I get distracted, I'll stop and then I won't feel like reading anymore.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I used to read more when I was younger. I really don't read much fiction at all. Now, I mostly read from these genres:

Hotel location directories
    Automotive sales brochures and shop manuals
    Algebra/Calculus textbooks
    Electronics instruction manuals
    Federal income tax forms

None of which likely qualifies as "real" literature, but I enjoy reading 'em XD

Back