• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever get called by your last name?

Do you get called by your second name?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Yes, and it drives me INSANE!

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    Do you ever get called by your last name and how does it effect you?

for me being called David James, and i HATE the name James!, it drives me completely insane when all the teachers in my school do it!!!!! (and of about 50 teachers in the school they have all done it atleast three times!) Plus people only usualy call you by your last name only if they dont respect you which makes it worse cos it makes me feel isolated as they dont do it to anyone else, not even to the guy called maul
    (pronounced mall, like the shopping center) john who askes them to call him john!

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    OMG YES I HATE IT ><
    I don't like it when people call me by my second name, and it gets really annoying when that happens. Too bad everyone calls me by my last name and I have to get used to it. :[

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    not really. no one can really pronounce my last name. and whenever they try the totally kill it.

Years
    I have been called by my 2nd name sometimes. But its kind of better than them calling me by my first name because everyone says it wrong and I don't even bother to correct them anymore.

Ayselipera

Sometimes by a teacher every once in a while. My friends and family never refer to me by my last name though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Not the name itself no, since no-one can actually pronounce it, but I do get called 'keckers sometimes, which is a corruption of it. Doesn't really bother me though, everyone does it everyone round here.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I actually had a World History teacher in my Sophomore year of high school (10th grade), he used to refer to me and basically the entire class by our last names. It never used to annoy me really, but he was the only one to ever call me by my last name. Everyone else would mostly refer to me by my nickname, Shivi or on occasions, Shivanan. However, since finishing that class no one ever calls me by my last name.

I don't have any problem being called out by my first or last name, both if preferred. However, the only name I keep from telling people is my middle name. I personally don't like it, and I'm glad rarely anyone knows it to call me by it.

Years
    I don't really like getting called by my last name, since it sounds rather stupid, but I get along with it. It wasn't always that way: some years ago, it was some kind of Berserk Button for me :D

Years
    People usually do call me by my first name, or a variation/nickname (which is actually more common for them to do XD), though on occasion I will be called by my last name. Actually, it happened twice today :3

Tox

fight me
    Years
    About three quarters of the people in my class call me by my last name. Same with my teachers. That's probably because there are two Andrews though and my name's the most unusual. Outside my school, I'm always called Andrew.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Eurydice said:
    not really. no one can really pronounce my last name. and whenever they try the totally kill it.

Me too!

I hate being called by my last name. I'm Asian, so my last name is always butchered by the teachers in my school and even my friends. Then they ask me how to pronounce it, but it's one of those things where unless you know how to speak the language, you're not going to be able to pronounce it. I've had two teachers in the past who called everyone by their last name. It drove me insane.

But at this point, I kind of don't care, even if it annoys me to death. The teachers will try to pronounce my last name and I'll just say, "Yep. That's it." I have about 4 different pronunciations of my last name going around the school. : P

кιd

кιd!
    Years
    Well, I don't recall ever been called by my last name, only first.
    Probably because my first name is more "fun to say". Well, that's what I think.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Uh, yeah, most of the popular kids in my year say my last name with a 'ey'
    So for example
    'Scalesy' >.>
    I guess it's alright..

Back