• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever make up a story for your playthroughs?

BattleBeard

The Ultimate Beard
Years
  • I do, infact, since I started playing Pokemon Black (my first Pokemon game in years), I've been treating it as a little story for myself. I sometimes narrate or act as the character's thoughts in my head, sometimes a little out loud...basically, I treat it seriously. Whenever I play a past game like Heartgold (I started it yesterday), I pretend it's just the Unova trainer I play as in Black dreaming an adventure in a new region, since he's so curious about the other regions from the swarms of different pokemon that came around in Unova. I think I'll make up a good reason for whenever a new game comes out to why he's at the new region/old region of the Ruby remake! Not a dream, because I'd trade my ol' team over to Ruby...

Yeah, so the question is, do you ever have a big story across different Pokemon games, or at least one? It makes it even more fun.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I restarted Gold and Crystal at the same time once and considered the male in Gold and girl in Crystal I played as to be twin rivals. The boy, Xavier, was a very calm and collected guy, but also kind of lazy. He was always in a good mood though and never really let things upset him. The girl, Avery, was very hot-headed and really aimed to be better than everyone. She had a habit of being early for everything and she was very aggressive. And my Silver character, Trevor, was their older brother that left long ago who became the champion (I had already beaten Silver and didn't wanna restart it). So yeah, I do make up stories, even still. This one about GSC though was going to be a fan fic, but I never quite got around to writing it.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I started Soul Silver over a few days ago and I'm doing the same thing right now. It's not the only time I've done an when I start off I usually give my character a certain personality(right now he's kind of a jerk towards everybody including his pokemon) and Pokemon to match that personality. Throughout it all, my character sees some kind of character developement and their team changes along with that. I even take it as far as losing gym battles on purpose(by being under leveled) or going to a certain point of the game with only my starter.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I did that once in my Emerald game, kind of similar to what Sydian said, they were rival siblings (Both same dad, but different mothers) and I narrated it from there. Can't really remember it much since it was quite a while ago, but the Team Aqua & Magma leaders were twins as well. :x

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I do, but in a slightly different way. Instead of the main character having a story, it's the Pokemon that has a back story. Like let's take my Pokemon Leaf Green for a second, I always choose Bulbasaur, since in my "story" his father was a legendary Ninja owned by Koga. So our goal was to get to him, then when we reach Koga to our dismay, he says that his Venusaur was capture by Team Rocket, so we do the TR side quests. THen Geovanni adverts that his father is located on the Sevii Islands so we do that side quest. He was lying so we battle him in the Gym battle, then he says that the Rival has the Venusaur's corpse so we go to the Elite Four and beat the champion. Then he takes my Bulbasaur by hostage and goes to 'such and such' region which is the next region I play.

I don't know why I do it, I just do it. It adds more flavor to Pokemons story. Since most of Pokemon's stories are kind of boring when you play through them the 100th time.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I started doing this rather recently in White. In my story, I replace Bianca and Cheren with my two friends (not using names) and both get brainwashed by Team Plasma about halfway through the Gym Leaders. At this point, Team Plasma splits apart into three groups:

• Yin Plasma Group, which consists of one of my friends, about 80 Plasma Grunts, and Reshiram.
    • Yang Plasma Group, which has the same as above, except it has Zekrom instead.
    • Wuji Plasma Group, which consists of the Shadow Triad, The Seven Sages, N, Ghetsis, and a captured Kyurem.
    Now, the first two are actually trying to do some good for the Pokemon world, but the last one.......not so much. The three teams eventually make it to the Elite Four and defeat Alder easily. You make it there as well and find Ghetsis holding the God Stone. As it turns out, Ghetsis knew this would happen and nabbed the God Stone from the Nacrene City musem. He then uses the God Stone to fuse Kyurem with Zekrom and Reshiram. This now super-powered Kyurem (God/Deity Forme) attacks Ghetsis and flees into an alternate dimension called the Frozen World, which looks pretty much like a supremely frozen-over Unova. You chase after it, defeat Ghetsis, capture Kyurem, and leave the Frozen World before you freeze to death. Ghetsis manages to flee, and N apologizes for all this trouble he's caused you before flying off on a Rayquaza. You then hear that Ghetsis has been spotted in Hoenn, so you head there.......

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • I act out all my games. It makes the experience better, at least until someone comes out with a very good virtual reality console and we can play in the games.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I never did that. But it sounds fun, and I think it's a good way if you can more enjoy the game by doing it.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • Well thanks everyone for making me feel less unique haha. Yes I do this all the time!
    Infact the only time I don't do it is the first time play the game.

What I usually do is pretend my character is the same character I was using in Kanto (so me playing other games means that he's travelling to different regions) and I always import a Squirtle through and use it as my "starter" Pokemon.

Some people might think it's weird but obviously there are people that do this kind of thing so that makes me happy :D

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I sometimes give my Pokemon personalities, ad more realistic conversation to the plot and make the battles happen in Anime-style. All inside of my head :I

BattleBeard

The Ultimate Beard
    Years
  • I think I now know I'm not mentally insane. Thank you guys...

Waiting for whatever the new game is (hoping it works on DS Lite, or it gets hacked to work on it, or somethiiiing) so I may say that my Unova character, Beard, is traveling to that region. For past regions, it MUST be a dream, because I can't import my Stoutland and Serperior AKA Stoutbro and Smugbro. My two team-mates for every real travel!

My character is me, energetic, trust-worthy, and kind-hearted. But easily irritated.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I always make up the story that my character has been chosen to save the world by creating the ultimate Pokemon Army including one of every fully-evolved Pokemon. After I've finished the in-game story, I always begin on this army but get about quarter of the way through before I'm bored with it lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I guess I sort of do but the one I mostly recall is in Diamond where I pretended my Character was in Love with Dawn and what not. Fun fun. In fact I hope to create my own hack with a Love story later this year.

Back